Akshar Dham Temple of Delhi

Discussion in 'Places & Events in Delhi' started by charandeepkaur, Feb 28, 2009.

1. charandeepkaur

charandeepkaur New IL'ite

The Akshardham Temple Complex in Delhi is the recent addition made to the tourist attraction list of Delhi. The Temple built near the Akshardham Flyover in the East Delhi area, is one of the finest structures build in the modern India. Lying in the wide-open 100 acres of land, amidst luxuriant lawns adorned with water fountains and carved pavilions, the temple complex stand imposingly on the banks of the serene River Yamuna. A huge amount of 2 billions have been spent to raise this grand place of worship.The main monument is about 141-ft high and houses a striking statue of Lord Swaminarayan.

Can anybody please let me know about the history of Akshar Dham Temples. I will be glad to know.

2. aahna

aahna New IL'ite

I have been to Akshar Dham temple pf Delhi. I feel myself as lucky because i got a chance to visit akshar dham temple at the time of its inauguration.

Akshardham Temple is a magnificent Hindu shrine, situated in the east region of New Delhi. It is Located on the banks of River Yamuna. It was inaugurated in November 2005, by the former President of India - APJ Abdul Kalam, the Prime Minister - Manmohan Singh and Pramukh Swami Maharaj - the spiritual leader of BAPS. Swaminarayan Akshardham was constructed under the guidance of Pramukh Swami Maharaj.

3. hritu

hritu New IL'ite

E tha baadfe hao ghwe dkeafj hanf bhfjh kjiref ahfff gjaare haonda horfjhg ajfkj fghre. harjanordeghnahi taan fredf ajfjth thrk jyj.hefrhggkffr hhabiirfredf fhgtui frjko paeuj. nahi taan daso ki kainve karna hoave gaam nfrgd kaaran da taan maui nahi dasssakdeah aanfjj.

4. raminderkaur

raminderkaur Bronze IL'ite

Hi, charandeep
    Congrats on a nice post. The Akshar Dham Mandir is situated on the river banks of Yamuna. The Coomonwealth Games Village is coming up very near to it.
    It is said that neither concrete nor iron has been used in the construction of the Akshardham Mandir.The carvings and stone sculpture are simply out of this world. The temple also has a gold statue of Lord Swaminarayan. There is also a sound and light show as well as boat rides on the artificial lake as well as shudh shakahari bhojan in the food court. I believe that the Mandir is quite similiar to the Akshar Dham temple in Gujrat.