1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Air Travel with infant - Help Needed!!!!

Discussion in 'Infants' started by msr2006, Feb 26, 2010.

1. msr2006

msr2006 New IL'ite

Hi Dear IL's :wave:,

I am a silent follower of this forum....Soon I have an air travel from India to Singapore....Being a mother to a 3 months old boy, I welcome your suggestions/advises on the Air Travel....One of my friend advised me to take some sleeping drops for the baby during travel...She told me that the baby may keep cry during the whole journey....Not sure whether to go for the drops or to manage my infant from crying..:confused2:.....Please drop your suggestion.....:help

2. vikvig09

vikvig09 New IL'ite

I wouldnt give any sleeping drops for 3 months old baby shakehead

3. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Hi msr2006, I wouldn't give any kind of sleeping drops to a 3 month old either. We flew with our then 2 1/2 month old fromt he US toIndia in Feb. 2008. Air travel has already been discussed here in IL. You can read all about it here - Air Travel to India.

Also, check this out - Air Travel from India

Raj

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  4. jigs

jigs New IL'ite

Hi
    We travelled with our 3 months old baby from US to India last year. I wouldnt suggest giving any sleeping drops to baby. I was told by my frnds to feed her during take off and landing. Otherwise she was fine. My hubby used to hold her and walk in the aircraft and she enjoyed looking at other people.
    Have a nice trip
    Jignasha

5. hs2009

hs2009 Silver IL'ite

Hi

Babies usually sleep on long flights so do not worry. Are you BF or baby is taking formula? Just ensure that baby is fed specially during the take off and landing time to reduce the air pressure. I travelled with DD then 5 months old from India to US i did not give her any sleeping drops. I assume you are going to India from Singapore? This is a short flight so I would suggest not to give her sleeping drops. My India pedi has suggested me Pedichroyll. You can check on this.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  6. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Never ever give any sleeping drops to kids.. It's bad even for elders..
    Are you travelling from Chennai to Singa? If, yes then its just 3-4hrs I think and dont worry about travel.

All the best !!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  7. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

As others said it is just 3-4 hrs of travel.Don't give anything for sleeping.The time will fly for this travel.

8. swasa

swasa Senior IL'ite

Hi,

Even I travelled from India(hyd) to S'pore ALONE with my 6 month old daughter... it may be a short journey compared to other air travels but yes, with an infant it seems like years! But believe me, no need to give any sleeping drops etc. Just keep calm yourself, carry very light cabin luggage(just baby stuff) and if your baby starts crying while immigration check or on board(like my daughter did... she even pulled an air-hostess's hair while crying!) feed him or change diaper. babies usually cry because of hungry or sleep or diaper change. Most importantly use diapers very less for a few days before your airtravel and change them promptly to avoid diaper rash which will irk them disregard of sleep or hungry. And no need to feel embrassed that the baby is crying aloud on plane... noise is pretty much mummed in planes so his crying may not be heard much 3-4 rows ahead or behind urs.

9. msr2006

msr2006 New IL'ite

Thank you so much dear IL's for ur valuable suggestions & quick replies.....:thankyou2:

My baby is completely on BM only....!!!!! I am travelling from chennai to spore....Will try giving BF to my baby during take off /landing.......:goodidea:

10. ajuma

ajuma Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I travelled with 4 month babay, even i was very much worried about it.
    My DS looked uneasy during travel, but i was just BF ing him , so his
    attention was just diverted so he did not cry much.