Air travel - Pregnant ladies - Tips please..

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by AnithaPartha, Sep 3, 2013.

1. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ladies,

I'll be flying to India next week(am in my 1st trimester) and I would like to get tips from pregnant mom's who has travelled during their phase of pregnancy..

Am planning to carry medicines, some ginger chewing gums to control my nausea with me in my hand bag and planning to take lemon with me (not sure if they'll allow though) and also carrying chocolates in my hand bag..

all my dr prescription papers are taken back by my pharmacy.. so, I don't have it with me now..

my other thought is to carry a couch pillow in a cabin bag to use it during sleeping hours while journey.

What else can be carried for safer purpose?

Please let me know..

2. raisin

raisin Bronze IL'ite

I travelled by air in my 21st week. It was a short 2 hr trip. My dr had prescribed a medicine to prevent any early contractions or pain. Actually, they weren't requird. My cousin travelled without any big preparations.
    I would suggest you prepare for your journey according to your symptoms. I had nausea in my first trimester and so I carried mint and snacks. Carry enough water, fresh juices, healthy food and snacks, all your prenatal vitamins, mint, candies etc. Small pillows might come in handy for your back.
    Also tk short walks whenever you can to prevent edena n clots.
    Enjoy your trip.

1 person likes this.
  3. shrutimanjunath

shrutimanjunath Platinum IL'ite

Hi Anitha,

medicines which your doc prescribed for prenatals, heartburn, headache,constipation, diarrhea etc.
    nasal drops in case you have blocking of nose. carry a pair of comfortable slippers with you as it is a long journey, in case your legs swell up. handly pillows...

1 person likes this.