1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Air ticket costs

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by coolviji, Feb 21, 2008.

1. anukvs

anukvs Senior IL'ite

Hi Viji,

68K is definitely on the higher side.

My parents are travelling from Chennai next week and the total cost is one lakh - for both mom and dad.. all cost inclusive. This is by Jet Airways, Chn-Brussels - Newark.

The tickets were booked in India less than 3 weeks back. So do check at home town also for good deals.

Anu

2. nirupama126

nirupama126 New IL'ite

Hi! Viji,

My parents are travelling by Qatar Airways Mumbai-Doha- DC tomorrow.We got it booked in India by travel agetn for 93,000/- Rs for both my parents to and fro. Its very cheap and service is really good. Many of my friends parents travelled by Qatar Airways and the meal is also good with complimentary breakfast at Doha. We booked 1 1/2 months back. It has 5 star rating. Pls enquire with ur agent. Tax for the tickest is only 3,000 Rs unlike Luftansa ,British and AirIndia which is 15,000/- Rs per head.

Thanks,
    Nirupama.

3. shravanthika

shravanthika Senior IL'ite

So Ladies...how are the deals at this time....may end to august end...

Please post abt good deal experiences.

4. padmavathy

padmavathy New IL'ite

Hi Frnds..,

I also want to book a ticket for my mom travelling during August end and November from Chennai to Atlanta and back..,
    Since she is travelling alone., I prefer Lufthansa will be gud for her.,
    I enquired agents in Atlanta., they said it costs more than 1 lac., really schoked tp hear it.,
    Just wanted to know if any one knows any agents in chennai or other places in USA to get gud deals in lufthansa..,

Please do help me out in this.,
    Thanks in advance.,

5. lakshmi1945

lakshmi1945 Silver IL'ite

I had bought tickets to Seattle for May 08. Cost me Rs 62000/. Rate varies according to the place you are going and the airlines you are travelling. All international airports are not serviced by all airlines. when there are many airlines servicing a particular airport you may get around 55K. Otherwise it costs not less than 68K. In fact I have to go to Portland. Because of cost I am travelling by road from Seattle to portland.In fact I need some help at Seattle, which I hope will materialise.
    Lakshmi

6. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

You are correct Lakshmi....

When we tried to book the tickets from India to Pittsburgh (round trip), it cost around 55k. But the came down to 50k when we booked the ticket till NewYork....(In Emirates)

7. prvd2002

prvd2002 New IL'ite

Hi,

can you give me some details about low cost carriers with good service as we are planning to visit Chigago from India (Hyderabad) for a short trip.

Rgeards,
    Priya

8. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ria,
    We spent a lot during our last India trip (Dec 2007), ours was almost 2700$, it was in American Airlines and Jet Airways.
    I would buy from China Airlines next time.........
    Thanks for your info......
    Regards.

9. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

You try in mytrip.com or in Emirates