1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Air ticket costs

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by coolviji, Feb 21, 2008.

1. coolviji

coolviji New IL'ite

Hi,

My Parents are planning to visit US in the month of May. When they contacted the travel agents in India for air tickets the agents said that the To and Fro tickets would cost around 68K. Is this the current cost? My friend had told me that it would cost around 58k. Please share the current cost if anyone knows about it.

2. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Hi viji,

U have to keep looking for offers thru all airlines website, Many of them give discounts or have low fare scheme running almost throughout the year except holiday season.

We got To and fro tickets for my mil thru Cont Airlines from Mumbai - Dallas fortworth(direct flight till Newark) all incl for RS 54000 /-. so if u keep looking u can defn get some good offers.

I personally think RS 68000 is on a higher side. so do enquire .

cheers
    vaidehi

Last edited: Feb 21, 2008
  3. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

I just bought the ticket two days back. And I have bought for march 15 travel. which is less than 30 days in advance. I wanted to prefer day timing , hence I went for China airlines. But I was getting equal rates from Cathay Pacific too.

It was $1200 (including tax and everything) which is almost 48k (with current dollar value 1$=40rs). So try to book it from US than India.

Ria

4. honeyj

honeyj Senior IL'ite

Hello there

I think 68k is higher price
    call all the travel agents and enquire about rates and airlines.

one more thing tell you that if you are booking the ticket from india & that to from tavel agent make sure that the tickets are valid ticket means no fake becoz it happend to our friends parents they reached to airport and the airlines told this are fake ticket and you cannot board the plane.
    and they didnt get any refund of that ticket and top of that they paid for new ticket.

so plz make sure you r buying ticket from know travel agent or know person.

Happy journey to your parents in advance.

tthanks

5. Sudhasanjeev

Sudhasanjeev Senior IL'ite

Hello Viji,
    Recently my friend has booked the ticket to and fro it costs aroung 1000$ from chicago to mumbai. They got a good deal.

Cheers,
    Sudha

6. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Hi

As others told, 68k is very costly....Yesterday we booked the tickets for my MIL from Bangalore-NY-Bangalore. It cost 1270$ in Emirates. The advantage of travelling in Emirates is the travel time, which is very less - 18.5 hours. We booked the tickets through an agent from NewYork. (He is known to my husband's cousin who resides in NY) Think its a good deal. Pl let me know in case you need the travel agent contact.

7. priyamuthu

priyamuthu Senior IL'ite

Hi Goksubha,
    when did u get the tickets for. i wud like to get the tickets for the holidays.ie., during june-july. how much will be the fare during that period. cn u pls giv me the agent details.
    thanks in advance,
    Priya

8. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Hi Priyamuthu,

Here is the agent details :

Mr. Amit Kumar
    Carlson Wagonlit Travel
    Air-savings.com
    860 US Highway 1, Second Flr #7
    Edison, NJ 08817
    Ph : 732-287-9100 (extn - 1213)

(You can refer my Hubby's name : Gokul)

Am not sure about the ticket fare for that period....you can check in the emirates' website - ww.emirates.com

Hope this is useful.

9. priyamuthu

priyamuthu Senior IL'ite

Hi subha,
    Thanks for the details. let me ask my husband to luk over that.
    Priya

10. AbiV

AbiV New IL'ite

Hi Viji,

68K is costly. My parents booked roundtrip tickets for around 58K in airfrance. we are also travelling by airfrance. Dad said he liked airfrance better than Lufthansa. The flight duration is just 20 hours from seattle to chennai.