Air Lines Refunds Thanks To Govt Of India

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Thyagarajan, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Copied message received in my WhatsApp.

Hello. I am Arvind Nayak (Mumbai).

We had booked Kuwait Airways flight Mumbai-Milan-Mumbai from *MakeMyTrip* site in December 2019 for a Pharma conference. Our visit dates were from 11th October 2020 to 18th October 2020. But due to COVID, we had to cancel the tickets from the MakeMyTrip app in August 2020.

Kuwait Airways deducted a nominal amount and returned a large amount of our refund to MakeMyTrip in September 2020 itself. But, since then, we had to run from pillar to post between MakeMyTrip and Citibank since our Refund amount never got credited to the credit card account as promised. There was no response to numerous phone calls and mails sent to MakeMyTrip.

Then, on 09th July 2021, I discovered the CPGRAMS site. *CPGRAMS* means *Centralized Public Grievance Redress & Monitoring System*. From that I got Direct *PMO* - Prime Minister's Office site

- https: //www.pmindia.gov.in/en/main/

From the site given above, in a few words, I wrote my Grievance to the PMO office, attached the relevant documents (there is such a facility on the site) and a miracle happened.

1. I immediately received a registration no. in my email with all details of my complaint.
    2. I got the name, email ID and direct phone number of the officer to whom my complaint has been forwarded. It all happened in 1-2 days.
    3. On 13th July I received an email from MakeMyTrip (on instructions of the Ministry of Tourism) asking for a few details.
    4. Everyday, I could track the progress of my complaint myself by entering the registration number-complete Transparency!!
    And then, another MIRACLE happened on *19th July 2021*. The refund amount was CREDITED to the bank account by NEFT from MakeMyTrip!!
    Really COMMENDABLE!! No words to praise this fantastic initiative by the government- and it REALLY WORKS!!

It just shows the efforts of the government towards bringing full transparency in their working and their genuine concern for the citizens and their grievances!

KUDOS to all concerned!!

Putting up this post so that it can help genuinely aggrieved citizens!!

CPGRAMS stands for *Centralized Public Grievance Redress & Monitoring System

PMO site- https: //www.pmindia.gov.in/en/main/

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
    shreepriya and joylokhi like this.