Air India Experience

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Manaswini08, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Manaswini08

Manaswini08 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to see if anyone has any experience in flying on AI 777 200LR (Long Range). Ever since I was 2, I've been flying to India almost every summer and on different airlines. So, I do have over 30 years of experience from a passengers point of view.

Sadly, with AI, all my experiences have been bad. The last time I flew AI, the jet was old and the service sucked big time - sorry. One example- I requested children's meals for my then 3 and 6 year old...but not only did they not give it to us, the FA actually yelled at me for asking. AUGH! I love Kuwait Airways though. Excellent service.

Anyway this summer, we're planning on taking AI solely because it is the least expensive - believe it or not!!! Now that my oldest will be getting an adult ticket (over 12yrs old) it gets pretty expensive!! I was told that the plane was the newer 777 200LR and was wondering if anyone has been on that jet recently. Do the personal TV's work? Do they actually have the children's menu that you requested? Is it cleaner?

I am hoping for the best...but we'll see. Any reviews???

2. Manaswini08

LOL 52 visits and no one has an experience....apparently I'm left to my own devices...thanks anyway guys....
    :)

3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Manaswini, I stepped in not because I have something to say, but just to say hope things work out for you. I have flown Air India long time ago and now because of the ease I fly Delta very often. I had no problems with AI but didnot like Indian Airlines (a connecting flight to my destination) one bit - had a very bad experience :(

Good luck, hopefully it will be a nice experience for you. Oh there is another post today in the US General Discussions forum asking a similar question today. Hopefully one of you will get a response that will benefit both of you.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  4. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

5. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

I don't know about long range flight, but the cabin crew manners have changed big time. The reason behind this change is that Air India is already running in losses and they need passengers. So rest assured you will get a better treatment this time. :)

6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

7. Manaswini08

Thanks everyone for your responses. Yea, I've had bad experiences also in flying AI. Anyway, I'll check the links provided and in Sept, I'll be able to tell u if it was a positive or negative experience.

Until then, let's hope for the best :)