1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

air bed??

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by sanravi_1970, Aug 11, 2007.

1. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Hi all

As our parents will be visiting shortly, we need to buy bed set for them right..I saw air bed in sears site, thought of buying it instead of mattress which is not only costly but also space occupying. If in case of air bed we can deflate and inflate whenever we want, so that made me to think of getting it. Also we live in rented house where we dont have much space..
    What do u all think, is air bed comfortable and good .Has anybody got to use it already??

2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear san,
    dont you have facility like hiring a bed for a month or so for their stay, because old people cannot sleep in soft bed kinds, they will get back ache and need a stiff bed, the air bed that you say i am not aware of it, but still a nice cot and a mattress for a month for them is good, you also get back your space and they are also happy that they have had a comfortable stay, hope been of help..regards sunkan

3. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Dear sunkan

I am not aware of hiring bed and they might stay min of 3 mnths and max of 6 mnths.
    Is hiring bed good??
    Even i felt air bed might not be comfortable, but i have not experienced so i asked here..

4. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear san,
    the hiring is good i have often done that to accomodate guests, as the climate in bangalore does not allow any to sleep on the ground and they fall sick very easily, and here theADAMS do that, i go there and select the furniture which would be suitable for my taste and sometime also get a chest of drawer and side table along so that they can keep their clothes and have their medicine and other things near the bed and once they leave i return the furniture and the place is clean and i can use it for personal arrangements...go by ur searching directories i am sure you will come across this.
    hiring it could be costly or the same as buying but when you think about not having to invest now, this is the best way out you need not have something for which u may not have any use later...regards sunkan

5. raginiprakash

raginiprakash Senior IL'ite

Dear San,

Personally I would definitely not recommend an air bed, b'coz i've tried it at a friend's place & i couldn't sleep all night. It was very uncomfortable & hard on the back.

Also, for your parents, taking their age into consideration a good mattress would be essential. If u don't want to spend much on the mattress, u can try buying a used one, that is if u are okay with it.

Cheers!
    Ragini.

6. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Dear sunkan and ragini

thanks for ur suggestions.
    If the air bed causes back pain, then i will avoid buying it.
    I dont mind getting mattress but the fact is we dont have much place to put it.. we r in rented house with single bedroom.. and the present house has no place at all... 1person can lie down that too only with bed sheet spread at the bottom, we r planning to shift the house, but my mom will be here bfr we shift, so i dont know what to do for her..
    Otherwise i have to manage with just a bedsheet and once we move to a new house, probably after looking at the space, i can look for mattress.

Any other suggestions pls???

7. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Just a suggestion,Sandhya.

If you are anyway planning to move,look for a 2BHK apartment.Now that you are going to have a baby,it is better to move to a 2 BHK and get a cot for the 2nd bedroom too. When people come to stay at your home,they can always use the other bedroom.Makes life so much more comfortable for everyone.

8. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

yes sunitha we too have that idea... lets see.. thanks