Aha Moments at IndusLadies - 5th Anniversary Contest - March 2010

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by Induslady, Mar 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Custard's Aha Moments at IndusLadies - Part II

Hello,

1.I usually try to vote in the polls at Indus Ladies, thats on the left side of the page and one day I saw some "Crazy Idea Contest" and was wondering that recently they had this contest and now a poll! I tried to vote to one of the ideas and then saw that another idea looked similar to the idea I had posted!
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/announcements/82056-vote-best-crazy-idea-contest.html
    I was too surprised to know that my idea
    Photo scanner to visualize your childhood friends! got shortlisted, but it took few minutes for me to understand that factor:bonk

2. There was a thread(though I cant mention it here) which was more immatured(sorry to say that). It was something like "I shared but she dint share the snacks with me". I felt any one reading it would just ignore, but I was surprised to see the way the members replied. They replied in a matured way, handling the OP and without hurting her a bit. Their replies was something like "Dear child, i dont know your age, but... " and finally concluded with addressing the problem with a solution in the proper way! :thumbsup

3.I always like the way the moderators reply in the threads "Finest Post" and "Finest Blogs". I'm not that good at describing how good the post or Blog is (I have improved after coming here) and I just nominate and the moderators beautifully describe the Post/Blog!!!

4. I admired the way advitha replied http://www.indusladies.com/forums/802444-post6.html to the thread http://www.indusladies.com/forums/miscellaneous-in-parenting/67127-vegetarian-why.html

5.Because of my mom, I visit the "Hobbies, Arts and Crafts" Forum and I want to say VinnyVishy went beyond my imagination of being helpful. She has given a detailed instruction of making a Cushion
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/mixed-works/87921-step-step-instructions-making-cozy.html
    The procedure was shown in TV and those who missed it can easily take her guidance which is very clearly given(even with the name of the shop where materials are available, the timings of the shop; the cost of materials, etc.)

All The Best IndusLadies !!!

2. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear Malathy and Jay,

My hearty congratulations to both of you on celebrating your favourite child’s fifth birthday.Actually this child is ours as well for we love her so much.I can visualize her,wearing a pattu pavadai,matching chattai,two plaits,jasmine on her hair,jymkis in her ears,golusu on her tender feet and colourful bangles on her hands and a sweet smile on her face ,she is dancing oh yes,she is dancing in our hearts!.May God bless her with long life,may she entertain and educate the future generations to come also the way she has been guiding us and enriching our lives.

My AHA moments in IL ---------5th anniversary contest

It was 2008 and I was a depressed person.My husband had retired and we were in Chennai.My husband has a knack for making friends,so he was happy with a crowd of men surrounding him most of the time.I had no such luck.I was a lonely person and felt a big vacuum in my life.When I shared this bitter feeling with my daughter,she told me,”Amma ,why don’t you blog?”Well I started blogging.My first story “Karuppu Balu and paruppu thuvaiyal”appeared in IL.My God,what a rousing welcome I got from my fellow ilites with this post!Fbs came pouring and I was dumbfounded.This was my first and special AHA moment in my IL life.

IL announced Mother’s day contest and I posted my entry,”My mother was,is and will always be my enigma”.This post was my silent tribute to my mother.When IL selected this post as the finest post of the month of May, I was stunned,I became very emotional and I was …oh,dear I have no words to tell you how I felt that moment when I saw the announcement in IL.This was another gem of an AHA moment for me.

IL announced Blog contest.I posted the blog,”Oh,Woman!You are your own enemy”.This blog was adjudged as the best blog of the month of August and this was another AHA moment for me.

I kept writing and posting.My fellow ilites encouraged me,motivated me by giving such wonderful feed backs.Reading and replying every feed back is an AHA moment for me.When young ladies who are like my daughters address me as “mithumma,mithilama”my heart is filled with joy and gratitude,they pay me the richest compliment, addressing as mother.Every such moment is an AHA moment for me.

Sridhar calls me the finest writer in IL ,though I know,he knows and all of you know that Iam not even a fine writer,so where is the question of my being the finest writer.But that is his way of encouraging an elderly woman like me to keep writing. .This moment of being complimented by a stalwart like him is an AHA moment for me. I accept this compliment happily and shamelessly,pardon me for that.

We visited Madurai and the first thing I did was to ring up Varalotti Sridhar and inform him that we would be staying in Madurai for a day or two and will it be possible for him to meet us.I was very keen to meet this kind and caring person.He came to the hotel where we were staying and took us to his house.His wife Indhu a charming person welcomed us with great affection.We had the good fortune to meet his parents and they presented me with a beautiful sungudi saree.We chatted for sometime,Indhu gave us venpongal and kesari ,both of them gave us a lovely time.That evening is an unforgettable AHA moment in my IL life

Wait,the greatest AHA moment of mine was yet to come.On our holiday trip to Mysore,I fell seriously ill,reason,food poisoning and my other ailments added to the dimension of the issue.I was unconscious for fifteen days and was on ventilator.Varalotti Sridhar started a prayer thread in IL ,Lalitha shivguru spoke with my daughter every day and both of them kept my il friends informed about my condition in the ICU.I survived .After coming home,when I got the strength to sit befoe the pc I went through the prayer thread.I was and am amazed.So many ilites have prayed for me.There had been 5000 views and 250 prayers offered.Everytime I think about this, I wonder,”Is it real?Do I deserve su much of love and affection?”This moment of reading through the thread that offered such sincee prayers for me is the greatest AHA moment in my IL life and in my life as well.I don’t think I will get this kind of a joyful happy moment in my life in future.This is the ultimate for me.I thank all my il friends and well wishers fo giving this moment, this happiness.

IL, the little child, whose birthday we are celebrating, is holding my hand and walking me in my journey of life.Sometimes her lap becomes my mother’s lap for me.
    When Iam depressed, I lie down on her lap and she consoles me,some times when Iam wounded and hurt,I lie down on her lap and lick my wounds in privacy, she comforts me and brings back a smile on my face.
    Whenever I am happy I run to her and keep my head on her lap and giggle.She pats me on my back,laughs with me and make this moment an unforgettable moment for me.

This IL child has made life worth living for me,making my whole life an AHA moment for me.

3. latha_sasi

latha_sasi Silver IL'ite

Dear Ilites,
    Happy 5th Anniversary to all !!!!!

My first visit to IL happened in 2006 after reading about it in the newspaper.Once i logged on to the site it made me say "Aha, This Is The One " for us all.I think i spent about 2 hrs browsing thoroughly enjoying the forums.From then on i got hooked to IL and every night used to enjoy reading the threads, posts etc. I got introduced to fine writings of Chitvish,Srinee Sir,Sridhar Sir, and many others which proved an eyeopener as well a great information bureau.
    This soon led onto another "Aha Moment" when we all met at Chitvish... The Queen of IL.Her warmth ,love and hospitality for all her IL mates made me admire her and I certainly thank IL for giving this great opportunity.And the feast that she served us all with wonderful loving energy made all the Ilite friends say "Aha Oh Ho Aha"!

With the birth of my grand daughter I have been busy shuttling between Chennai and US the last 2 yrs but all the same I never fail to get a glance at the site and get all the news about whats happening there.Three Cheers to IL for bringing us all together from different parts of the world.I bet for everyone, being an ILite itself is proud
    Aha Moment !

Keep it up IL.WISHING A VERY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY once again.
    Regards to all.
    Latha Sasidharan

4. deepagopalan

deepagopalan Gold IL'ite

Advance congratulation for the coming 5th Anniversary....its so happy to be part in.
    whenever i get time i used to surf a lot, internet was one of my hobby,from my childhood onwards am very much keen in browsing and finding out things which is unknown to me,thro google search only i found out IL community site first,
    it was during Navarathri times (2009),i was much busy in searching about golu,since that was my first golu i was much excited to know more in detail.i came across one nice golu(kolu) arrangement which made me to login IL,when i logged in i was totally out of control :spinimmm that was my AHA....MOMENT...which is beyond my expectation,there was one thread named golu cOllection 2009, wow what a beautiful thread that was with so many creative work and wonderful collection of colourfull dolls,so many talented ladies posted their golu snaps ,its still remain in my eyes,that thread made me to participate,so many people encouraged me,i got lot of motivation,i remember i have spend continuous whole night browsing IL,i have never seen any other community site likes this ever before having everything which is required for a women,am very pround to be a member,my happiness got countless like stars in sky when i won the garending thread,i got lot of support from so many ILites who made me to win that popular thread also my lovely DH who always support me to bring out my talents,well from my childhood onwards i never miss any competition,whatever if it is even if i didnt get prize also no problem but i always love to be in part.
    Everytime when i login i feel am with my family,its lovely to see the advises,different thoughts,brilliant ideas,mindblowing suggestions more i liked is you get, whatever you are looking for even it is cooking,slokams,reducing weight,decoration,craft work,short stories etc.
    i have saved lott of things from IL,funny is my pc drive use to get full coz of storing and saving..:rotfl
    other important thing is i got so many good friends,there is no agebar in friendship here...before i never had any friends in mumbai,but now thro IL am happy to say that i have few friends in mumbai(prettina,vijima,bhanu,saigripa),i really glad to be involved.
    my DH also like IL since its giving encouragement to bringing out the talent,such a lovely community site which is more special and beyond everything,nowadays i search first in indusladies,very rare i search other site coz am satisfied in IL itself..its truely mindblowing community site.
    thanks to all the members bringingup this such a lovely brilliant community site especially for ladies.i wish you many more anniversary to come up in future and more motivation to ladies.
    :cheers
    with love,
    deepu

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Aha moments, became a part of my life after 2007 though I have been here from the inception following chitvish from another site.

Little did I realize what I wrote as a appreciation on the 3rd anniversary would go beyond the proportions of my thought process. I cannot sum up what I think of IL better than what I did then.but then I don’t want to even try..

Beyond horizons erasing frontiers.

Have you ever noticed, with strangers,
    how we get attached, like you and me,
    how it has happened at Indus ladies.

Without meeting in person, without hearing their voice,
    we tend to become part of somebody's thinking
    we tend to become part of someone's life
    what do you think, fulfill and maintain these friendships
    Or leave it just like sand that leaves your closed fist.

Dear friend don't do something like this because,
    we never got this, through somebody's recommendations,
    Not through someone's influence, we got this delicate
    threads of friendship, through our slow interactions,
    our friendly banters and thoughtfulness.

An invisible shoulder to cry on, when the going is tough,
    an motherly advice when mom is far off,
    an friendly push, to the next step of success,
    a band of well wishers, what more could you ask.

We have come a long way, erasing all horizons,
    and time limits, bringing us closer as families..
    Treasure it as your heartbeats, for these are rare
    In a life that moves so fast., wishing many more to bond,
    with us, through this virtual family.

And for those who would love to read this in hindi can check it out at anjaane logon se kabhi…

...the moments when you experienced something unexpectedly positive in Indusladies
    The camaraderie I experienced, that made me open up here. I am an introvert who has opened up a lot after being with ilites here.
    ...the moments when the uniqueness and specialty of Indusladies became clearer to you
    Well, what best can I describe then my meeting a few ilites, whom I have never before met, but they made me feel that we were long lost friends the moment we met.

Today I can hold forte while talking about real estate which is still considered a man’s forte, all because of my interactions with the members here, who made me learn more and share.

...the moments when you realized that this community site is more than what you thought it was

The appreciation I received to the extent of being selected as the Valentine of IL along with Ansuya and others. This definitely added a lot of responsibility though. When I joined the back stage (Moderation), I understood the guidelines, the safety net we try to give people out there, I understood here is a site I would not mind my daughter being part of. She is 14+. I don’t think anything else is required to be a testimony to that.

...the moments when a fellow IL'ite went over and beyond your expectation in being helpful or friendly.
    Well, I have many moments that fellow ilites have showered me with. If, I have reciprocated that to at least a few others, I will be really happy.
    Sunkan, who couriered me a box of sweets and savories neatly packed all the way from Bangalore, for diwali, after reading that I spilled hot oil over my legs and dh was away. thanks dear.
    Latamurali, who was there along with my family when I was operated in 2008. she is part of our family now. thanks buddy.
    Ramyavardarajan and her mom..(I am sorry I forget your id mam..) who have been so sweet, that they visited me at home to offer me help whenever needed.thank you
    Chithmam who has been always there to guide me, when I was in need of a better view when I was more confused.thankyou mam.
    Abising (Vijee) who calls me all the way from singapore to boost my morale when she knows I am down.

I have to thank many other friends, who call me with their queries, who have helped me grow into a better person. Thanks you friends.
    and malathy for giving me this opportunity.
    Wishing you many more anniversaries and may our tribe grown in leaps and bounds.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  6. prijan

prijan Senior IL'ite

aha... moments...truly indus ladies creates aha moments everyday.for me....the uniqueness and speciality il community is...that creates aha moment everyday for me.
    the joy il gives me...than any site.
    any woman feels special,when someone cares for her,whensome onelistens to her,when someone gives the shoulder and the warmth,when someone counsels her.....when she is recognised...THIS IS A SPECIAL FEELING .THE JOY OF FEELING SPECIAL...ONLY IL GIVES IT TO ME...this is the uniqueness of indusladies..
    the friendliness...
    friendship for a woman is very different..particularly after marriage. in most cases woman loses track of all her friends after marriage and slowly her world changes. family comes foremost.she becomes a great wife,great mother...the relationship circle gets bigger and bigger...friendship circle becomes smaller and smaller.in this process she becomes a loner.THATS WHERE IL COMES IN.THIS IS THE PLACE WHERE I FEEL,YOU CAN BE YOURSELF AND SHARE EVERYTHING..BECAUSE THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF FRIENDLY HANDS TO RECIEVE YOU AND TAKE YOU AS WHAT YOU ARE WITH NO FRILLS...NO EXPECTATIONS......IL WAS VERY UNIQUE THAT WAY.
    il become part of your life...
    indusladies has become a part of my life.i look forward to it everyday.it refreshes me when iam down.it counsels me when iam cornered with problems.it rejuvenates my talent and makes me, to give a try....be it cooking recipes,tips.....makes life more interesting...I LOOK FORWARD TO IT....PARTICULARLY ...BEING MYSELF IN IL.THERE ARE VERY FEW CHANCES WHERE WE CAN BE OURSELVES!!!!
    IL A FRIEND AND A TRUE COMPANION. AHHAA!!!!

7. Rrg

Rrg Gold IL'ite

It had been few months since I wrote in this forum.
    Since October '09, I am involved in development / implementation of a project, that keeps sucking me further inside, more I try to extricate - ala many a discussions (read 'arguments') with DW. As usual, I started looking for diversions.
    Amongst the personal mails, there was one from IL moderator inviting articles for 'Aha' moments contest.
    "Aha - what an opportunity to express my gratitude to IL?":)

My entry in to this forum during June '09 was an accident. While surfing the net, I came across an article on ghosts in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings blog' and posted a short story with the same heading 'A peep into the world of ghosts!'. I thought that would be my first & last post in this forum 'meant for ladies'.
    Come to think of it, initially I was very hesitant even to become a member of this forum as I was not very sure, as a male, whether I would be acceptable. The reception the story received from fellow Ilites encouraged me no ends to write further. Soon, I found quite a few of IL friends liked my threads and the encouragement that I received from them was phenomenal. This was then I felt that this community was not a 'ladies only' forum, but open to men with the right frame of mind as well.
    During my short stay here, IL friends had all showered on me so much love & affection, leaving me to wonder as to why I did not become a member much earlier ! An important Aha moment for me.:)

Further, I found this forum to be very different from various other web communities that I was used to. Members are friendly and open - more like a family. I was welcomed into it with open arms.

Thereafter, I started writing on Family & Relationship issues also. I felt some humour was also needed to be injected into these topics and posted my threads in lighter vein - all the same driving home the point I wanted to make.
    My purpose of contributing in the forum was more to make the reader smile. Infact, I could perceive enormous pain and anguish, when I went through some of the posts in relationship threads and it was towards mitigating them, to the extent that I could, I started posting most of my threads there.
    I got my greatest award for my post "My MIL ... The Greatest" within a day of posting the thread, when I received below FB from Tulip :

"Thank you for making me and my baby laugh:) .I am 20 weeks pregnant and I seem to be always moody and depressed blaming it on pregnancy syndrome but your post made me laugh loud after several weeks.
    The way you narrate an incident is marvelous. Keep coming with more post and make us all laugh:thumbsup"

Reading Tulip's mail, my wife was moved to tears (of happiness). For once, perhaps she felt that I am being useful. :rotfl

Very soon I found 5 of my threads being nominated for the best posts during July '09. To be nominated so within a month of joining IL?
    I was overwhelmed. What more can I ask for?
    This kind of encouragement made me commit to give my best to this forum.

Thereafter, I started writing on various topics including predictive sciences, Kabir's Dhohas etc.
    (Infact, I propose to publish a book on the Dohas in Tamil and the comments / suggestions of IL friends in this regard are quite useful.)
    Everywhere, I noticed fellow members ready to encourage & help. This makes one feel 'at home'. I felt this to be unique to IL forum. I am proud to call myself an Ilite. :)
    How can I segregate a few moments as Aha ones, when the interactions provided joy through out?

My professional commitment may not leave me with so much spare time now, as I would like to. But, I am firm on posting my threads whenever time permits.
    I do not wish to miss out my friends as well as the "Aha" moments, the highs, such interaction provides.

My heart leaps singing in Gadothgajan style in Mayabazar (ala "Kalyana samyal Saadham..." song) :

'Indussu Ladies Forum,
    Stories & blogs Pramadham;
    If anyone has a doubt......tu,
    Join & try it outtu...'

Ha.. haa..,Ha,, haa.., Ha. haaa.. Ha,

Ahah.. Hahaaa hahaaaaa.........
    ( How many Ha & Aha moments :)).

I sincerely believe that 'nothing ever can match a smile from deep within'. I consider the smiles and compliments that the members of this forum showered on my posts through out, by themselves are great 'Aha' moments and constitute matchless awards.

Tonnes of thanks for giving me this opportunity to express myself.:bowdown
    Cheers!
    Rrg

8. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations, Malathy & Jey on IL’s Fifth Anniversary. It is a well deserved aha moment for both of you!

An interesting contest, offering the perfect opportunity to place on records my thanks to IL and I am not going to let it pass by.:)

Since I will soon be celebrating my second anniversary here in April, I have too many aha moments…

When I posted my first feedback…
    The cyber world was new to me except for emails and googling for information. I was so shy that I just kept reading for the first month overawed by the friendliness and camaraderie that existed, the way each one rushed to offer advice and help and of course the variety of topics discussed. Slowly I gathered the courage to give my feedbacks (to think that it took me sometime to realize that fb meant feedback? Now, I could write the IL dictionary :)) and it made me very happy when I was acknowledged. I think that was my first aha moment in IL.

When I posted my first snippet…..
    I can still recall my feelings when I posted my first snippet. What trepidation and apprehension! And when I did receive some fbs I felt on top of the world .After that there was no looking back. There have been only aha moments. After daughter left for the hostel I just began pouring my thoughts, day to day events, feelings, memories all found expression. Every time I got a comment that ‘you have narrated well’ was an aha moment.

Every time I received a friendship request.

The first nomination was indeed special but each and every time I get nominated.

Every time I have received appreciation from people who I consider to be great writers.

Every time I have read posts on humour and laughed out loud in the solitary confines of my home, anyone would have been convinced that I have gone bananas. But besides being hahaha moments for me, they kept me in a good mood throughout the day.

When, I received the FP award.

The fact that I had a friend in Cairo of all places did rise an “oho” question from many of my relatives but meeting her with family was an aha one for me.

The fact that someone in Mumbai was eagerly looking forward to meet me, and finally, the day I met my dear friend was a BIG aha moment.

When, I recently received a call from my IL friend all the way from India.

Every time I get a pm or mail from friends, saying that I am being missed here.

Sometime back in 2009 I had dedicated a post on the joys of motherhood to two of my friends here in IL. It was a GREAT aha moment to me when both their wishes were granted by the end of the year.

Every time I see a new Good writer entering IL.

And finally Malathy, when you asked me to be a Blog reviewer .
    I am sorry I was not very enthusiastic but the fact that you had the confidence in me and the assurance you gave me that I could try it for some time and step back if I was not comfortable ,just wiped out all my diffidence and made it a great aha moment for me.

On IL being unique and positive,

I concluded that IL is unique and brimming with positivity only because the threads that receive maximum responses are the ones:
    on someone’s bereavement…the way people rush in to offer comfort and condolences .
    on anyone’s achievement …wishes and congratulations just overflow. People are really happy for you.

On IL being special and something more than just an online community.

The readiness and selfless way people share information, and welcome you to their homes and hearts ,the friendly meets and eagerly looking forward to seeing each others pictures just goes out to prove that it is NOT just another online community BUT more of an extended family to each one of us.

On a fellow IL'ite, going over and beyond my expectation in being helpful or friendly.

That I love music is known to most of the them and I shall never forget two of my friends here. How, within 24 hours after I had casually posted in the music section, they conducted a relentless search on the net and gave me two of my favourite songs, “kurai onrum illai” and “bhavayami” by MS. Frankly I had not expected that and was very touched and thankful.

I am now very comfortable with my group of friends here. IL has made a difference to me in the sense that I am a happier, relaxed ,more outgoing ,positive ,non judgmental person today and THAT is a HUGE aha moment for me in the journey called life.

Here's wishing IL, many more happy anniversaries and all of us, LOTS of aha and hahaha moments.

Cheers & lots of love
    Mindi !

9. SHASHU

SHASHU Bronze IL'ite

:thumbsup Malathy & Jey on IL’s 5th Anniversary.

My AHA...moment mmmm......i must say that, the day I discovered this "cool forum", was my Aha....moment. (God Promise!!!!!!!)

2ndly....the post re: Raghavendra....one of the ILts had mentioned (may be MuthuRaji...not very sure) that Raghavendra's bday falls on 21st Feb and a link was to the same was mentioned. So I connected with the link, chanted his holy name 16000 times, sent my family details (eg. rasi/nakshattram/gothram) etc etc. to the "Archagar" via email, by 19th Feb.

By March 1st week, got the reply from them saying that during the bday celebrations, they did pooja for our family. And...there...u r...It was my AHA moment.

CHEERS!

Vazgha Valamudan

shashu

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
  10. desdimona

desdimona New IL'ite

my aha moments
    Indusladies came to me as an oasis in a desert.One cant imagine how rejuveneted I feel after joinning this site.Even being a southindian
    I longed for bengali friends and I got that here with a great bonanza.
    You knw how?I got bengali friends aswelas bengali speaking tamil friends.What more one can want?indusladies has given a new life ,new meaning to life which I can only feel and people like can feel.you dont know where I am sitting and talking to you.It is a tribal area in india,and I am connected with the world through indusladies.Three cheers for indusladies.happy anniversery.I love you all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.