Aha Moments at IndusLadies - 5th Anniversary Contest - March 2010

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by Induslady, Mar 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ahilaiyer

ahilaiyer Junior IL'ite

Anniversary special

Dear IL Family Members

First of you wishing IL advanced Happy Anniversary. IL, the site is very informative; make ourselves enthusiastic to involve 100%, getting prompt response from our friends, getting support, help, and encouragement to go along with the memorable thoughts throughout our life

...the moments when you experienced something unexpectedly positive in Indus ladies
    Whatever post, thread, contest I have participated, have got a motivating response from IL friends.
    More interesting thing is that when I have participated in the food contest, My name has been selected as one of the short listed nomination.Not only me, even my family members told me that your efforts become success by IL site.
    Not only me, my in-laws who just now that I am doing something in the computer, when I told them that my name got shortlisted with my IL friends list, they also felt very happy and appreciated the site that this type of site also exisiting in the world

...the moments when the uniqueness and specialty of Indusladies became clearer to you
    The uniqueness and speciality of Indusladies is that No need to worry that if we don’t have anybody in life. IL is there
    “ Any problem can be solved by IL friends…………”Just type ur questions, ur problem will get solved……………that is the speciality of IL

...the moments when you realized that this community site is more than what you thought it was
    IL Community is simply great. When I first started my blog, I thought that like other sites I won’t get any respond….But really what i thought is wrong.
    But I got read receipt of 444 and reply of 24……………..Really I felt very happy and started blogging and made me still interesting to do much more with this site
    It is not only community, more that that I may say it is family which supports, encourages, supports us to grow in our life

...the moments when a fellow IL'ite went over and beyond your expectation in being helpful or friendly.
    Each and everybody is unique…….All have unique thinking which can help one to grow in life.
    Everyone contributes their best to help others in all ways they can…….
    Helping to others and feel happy from that is the motive of this site

Last but not the last I am very much happy to be the one of the member of IL family. It is great pleasure to share everything, since the other friends also feel the same. Our wavelength matched well.
    Everyone helps us to get motivated. Thus the site not only helps for individual, it has a team spirit and it should live longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. natashareddy

natashareddy New IL'ite

Hi,
    First of all, I would like to congratulate on the 5th anniversary of Indusladies. My "Aha" moment was the moment when I first came across with your website and I found a thread "woman should work or stay at home". and I started replying on that article. Then I really took a sigh and said to myself "Aha, that's what I was finding." sometimes, We cannot share our views to others if we stay at home. This was the appropriate platform I found to share my views. It made me light from inside. Atleast someone virtually is knowing my views. Its an awesome feeling . Well, In future also I would try to share my views, take advice and learn more about woman at each stage of life.

3. rvnachar

rvnachar Silver IL'ite

The first time that my dear friend Varalotti introduced me to this site, I was thrilled to find so many of my friends like Ambika and Sharada already regularly writing here. The best feature that struck me was the informal manner in which the members interacted. The most touching moment was when I shared my personal family problems in a particular thread. I received so many comforting and soothing comments from my friends of IL, though I have met none in person and nobody knows me more than my writing.

Writers have many platforms to express themselves about common and social issues. But there are a few platforms where writers can pour their hearts out about their personal problems. IL acts as a shoulder to many women. This I realised after reading many threads, where women come out with even their intimate problems placing full confidence on the members. Thus we have won so many brothers and sisters on this site.

The most memorable fun moment was when I won a prize in one of the contests. Though I have crossed the age of rejoicing over material benefits, what thrills me is the thought that my writing has impressed so many minds. I still remember the surprise telephone call that I received from Varalotti, announcing the prize and congratulating me. I cherish that moment and the beautiful gem painting that I received as a prize still adorns my walls.

The child in us definitely responds to the various contests that are announced from time to time, though as a responsible adult, burdened with so many mundane responsibilities, we hardly find time to regularly surf this wonderful site.

I would definitely love to go through all the threads, try out all the recipes that my fellow writers post and also respond to all the queries that are raised. Hope some time in my life, I will find so much time.

Meanwhile, I thank IL for offering me such a lovely platform to express my feelings (rather than mere intellectual thoughts) and also affording me win so many friends. In fact, the couple of luncheon meetings that we, a group of Ilites had in Bangalore proved the point. Our families too got closer. Senior members like Nuggehalli Pankaja are pampered by the site. For them such meetings are all the more valuable. I can still remember the joy that she exhuberated.

Though Ambika and Sharada reside in Bangalore, it was through IL and through Varalotti (who too became my close friend because of IL) that we all got closer.

IL has crossed the electronic limitations and brought a personal touch among all the members. Thank you IL!

Sudha Narasimhachar

4. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

[​IMG]

Memory is a way of holding the folds onto the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose. Likewise is my Happy remembrance in IL became treasures in my heart ,the one which I love to be with, the one in which am pondering, the one I never ever want to lose, in any persona of my life.

Am tardily taking back the air from the corridors of my grey cells. Haunting for the memory neurons from the chambers, where all my rustling remembrance, the ever lasting perfume of IL had been hived away, looking back for a while to refresh here the recalls, will restore it, and will render in future too. Feelings are much like waves, we can't stop them from coming but we can choose which one to surf. Now slowly surfing on the undulate moving ridges………bubbling out only few exhilarations........

As me and Google are long term Alliance parties, that fellow gave me this supersonic site while browsing, just peeped in…
    Befuddled to register IN or OUT as got the warning from my better man [​IMG]not get into unneeded bothering while giving out personal details as its my usual deed of registering into the sites(nothing genuine except my multi-purpose mail ID) for getting those RF stuffs for my self-propelled multimedia carrier.

He added that the sites which meant for ladies are just an eye wash, vividly most of them are male members. ”Keep yourself away from that fraudulent”. Am taken aback by these caustic remarks, repelled out my thought of registering.[​IMG]

So without registration ,with zeal, adjoined the site for about a week: Followed the forums: Through and had thorough the threads and posts. Then totally forget the place and am with my routines.
    After a fortnight gap, am once again fascinated to the same site, into the art forum.
    Art,
    “which is the factor of my aliveness”.

So “YES” is the only living thing glimpsed at that moment… Convinced myself, one way it’s only meant for women, by probing the hundreds of female user name, that too from my motherland community. What else?????

Now…one that fine minute, fine day, made my triumphant debut,sincerely giving my genuine identity. [​IMG]
    Ah..that present moment when saw my user name felt am in RIGHT RIGID place: in RIGHT time: with RIGHT ID.Ignition of My Aahh! Ooh! Aoooh! moments

My better man and my patter son were with cotton balls for the next one week ,just to escape from my IL purana.

For the first calendar month, the site seems really a readily apparent informant to my mind. Categorized and Recognized that there needs more leaning and learning..

Branded my Son’s drawing skills here. Got Aha!Oho! comments.And the blessings from our dearies honestly I was MAD then. Experienced some unexpected, incredible response and respect, felt high on all the positive energy generated by this group. IL is A Prefect platform for Encouragement.

First maiden Aha moments in IL for me, my dear son and for my man too.[​IMG]

As of late after my embarkment, stormed when saw some ELITE male users, … One among them(Navaljee) voluntarily emphasized my son’s drawing skills .. shown my gratitude to him, through my blogspace for bringing forth this lifetime upshot in our bios....by then n now my man and my son were in utmost satisfaction with the site’s noble sights. Another moment of Ahaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

Realized that this allowance account of both gender is for healthy melioration, betterment of the site. Then its clear and experienced in IL No bar such as gender equality. Only Qualitative endowments were given priority.. It is this distinct event made me to feel this community site is More and Far: Superior and Solitare: than what I thought it was.
    The Orderly grouping and organization of the forums: Diligence of etiquette without bias. (though seems to be arduous for some):Frequent and fresh updating of furtherance: and the BOOST of HOPES afforded from our fellows proves the uniqueness and distinctiveness of the site itself. I’m adhering to this living community for its eccentric singularity. In this concern I bow. [​IMG]

IL is actually virtual: For me its naturally real with liveliness.
    I became a wanderlust. Happily canoed. Learnt a lot. and a sudden spark flared out: Its my avatar. Why not something different????
    Squeezed my neurone…Contrived my current fluttering bird, appended my user name in Flash software.
    …Earned my wings. Nibbed the nick name fluttering bird.AHA!!!!!!!

Goes dotty every time when arrested and bounced by the overflowing appreciation from the buddy bests for my caring sharing. Aaaaaaah!!!!! My top bearers and gears for my divvying up sprightliness.
    The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up.
    So am HAPPY:HAPPIER:HAPPIEST

Sometimes we need a nudge from someone to get us moving again in the long run. The times when am out of my BLUES, Its my coffee morning friends [​IMG](Thanks Viji Ma for leading off the thread place.)who made my plight lighter. They were my bunchy pinchy bouncy friends, who doubled my joy. Their patting dabbed me from depth.
    Then the 1s and 2s who resides closer to my residence:
    The ones who gives me upward thrust:
    And the aces who cares for my succeeding success.

Each time when on viewing my profile buddy list, this only comes to my mind-
    If you want to be happy for a year, plant a garden; if you want to be happy for life, plant a tree......
    so I planted my tree in my green garden(IL) .....watered every day.....it gave me the golden fruits(none other than you all, dears) ......never will i pluck them...but preserve them till my life ends......
    Ah!!!!! How good my heart & mind felt,when having them onto my palm.

This baronial friendship I amazed through IL is beyond my expectation. Never met them before: None came to me handy: Not having them for many years, but for only a year. Their friendly and helpful deeds in all my needy titles cannot be forgotten. Its dishonorable to mention only some. I bow to ALL the beseeming adjuvant ILites.[​IMG]

......."Although no sculptured marble should rise to their memory, nor engraved stone bear record of their deeds, yet will their remembrance be as lasting as the land they honored"…..
    As long as cyber is there, we are here to CHEER, there lives IL with no sculptured memoranda as SHE herself an enduring INHABITATION.

Sunbeam (Administrator) to warm you,
    Moonbeams (users) to charm you,
    Sheltering angels(Moderators) to calm you.

So theres nothing can harm you.
    Let all thy joys stay within you,
    And all thy days shine after you.

[​IMG]
    LONG live to Indus lady![​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  5. Deepali_deepali

Deepali_deepali Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Just in hangover of Saroj's post above mine...How beautifully she has described her feelings..

Well for me, IL has become something inseparable for long and a matter of small fights between me and DH, because either I am talking about some thread, or trying to catch his laptop when he's not around or always in a lookout for it..

I feel nice to write about my AHA moments here ..

.the moments when you experienced something unexpectedly positive in Indusladies--

There is surely something special about IL, that it has become so close to me. Otherwise I can't stick to a forum for so long. I feel people are true and I can open myself here, discuss things, some serious things here. The kind of replies I get, discussions etc.. everything seems real, which I never found in any other forum. I fell in love with IL, when I first saw art & craft forum, while searching for some painting stuff and I really jumped into this sea of information..almost everything. And eventually to each and every forum..

...the moments when the uniqueness and specialty of Indusladies became clearer to you

Till then , I loved to surf IL, but when for the first time , I won Popular Thread Contest winner and got my gift , I really started to believe IL. IL not only encourages to write, but motivates and pulls us to write and as they say in a latest song " dil to baccha hai ji", contests in IL have such a spark in them , that I can't control to participate.. You see IL became clearer to me..

...the moments when you realized that this community site is more than what you thought it was

Exactly, it is more than what I thought it was !! I thought it's a good place to look for arts stuff, and I reached home decoration, I said, good threads here too and I entered pregnancy and trying to conceive forum...found friends like me, same questions which were just in mind and became closer to IL. And it was just the beginning.. Each and every forum is from my life, for my life, for a woman. I look for something I find it here or just want to pass time, I am here... It is more than what I thought it was.

...the moments when a fellow IL'ite went over and beyond your expectation in being helpful or friendly.

I wish to dedicate this question to Padmini Mam ( Rockstar of Shortstories gang) and Viji Mam.. Posting my pic in net scares me and i thought to other women too but when I requested padmini mam for her pic, she allowed me to see her pic and on her friendliness, i also posted mine for her to see. This was beyond my expectation.
    Viji Mam is not just helpful and friendly to me but to the whole IL family. She is the one who never forgets to write in my thread, and she is a big motivating factor to me..Thanks to her..

My best wishes to IL and the members..

With Love.....

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  6. meenalakh

meenalakh New IL'ite

Hi,

I searched for "powerful mantras" and I came across the mantra "om mani padme hum". That blog is a real useful and selfless one.

Regards,
    Meena

7. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

I do not know where to start and how to start.Anyway I feel like penning my thoughts.
    I came across a write up about IL in November 2006 and was bowled over by it.I became a part of it immediately.My late father was also impressed by the same write up and was very happy when I told him I have become member.He kept saying that women need a perfect platform to vent out their thoughts and feelings and this was it.
    Then when my husband fell and sick and recovered ,I wrote a post.I was overwhelmed by the response I got.This was followed by one more post which I wrote about my late father ''My dear dad where are you,.Both the responses bought tears in my eyes,which kept very emotional that I could hardly read through them.
    Each time I tell my other friends about this group they all wonder what is so amazing,but people who are in it will only know what it is being a part of this.I am proud to have numerous friends across the globe.Though I have not met many of them physically ,I am tied to their thoughts mentally.I can log on to them any time.It really makes my day getting to my innumerable friends across the seas.I can reach out to them any time.
    .......I am a proud IL today ....... Hats off to MALATHY...................

8. jananirbk

jananirbk Senior IL'ite

It is just like yesterday!! How time flies? How I fall in love with IL and when? Though I know she is there, it took me some time to come closer to her and know about her; to become a member!! And with each day, I could not help, but to fall miserably in love with her. Her charm, beauty, and poise made me clean bowled. Whatz not in her? I don't know!! Step-by-step process for people to learn and master in crafts, tailoring, beauty, health, books, and the recipes by Chitvish is a boon and it will take my lifetime to try at least 25% of it, and the counseling sessions which help people to solve their problems; like a mom, friend, and teacher, her help is beyond words. I know there are thousands of lovers for IL, fully devoted, smart, intelligent, beautiful and I know I could not compete with them, but still she recognizes me, a new person, and welcomes me with hands open, inspired me to write, encouraging with positive feedbacks, but still I know, she got more dimensions and I hardly know 5% of her, and to immerse fully in her is a real joy, but could not do it with my kid, work, and house chores and of course, already, my DH is complaining that am getting addicted to IL that I keep on visiting IL every hour in between my work. :thumbsup With Lots of Love, Janani Natarajan

9. paru72

paru72 Silver IL'ite

5 yrs ago i was diagnosed with lumbar spondylosis.it was like my whole world crashed in front of my eyes.i was in pain every moment.i was in deep depression.it was then i chanced upon INDUSLADIES.it was like i found a friend in my bad times.this site along with my people helped me come out of my depression.i want to thank the people who had started this site.a VERY BIG THANK YOU to all of you.

10. sudharg

sudharg New IL'ite

Hi

My "Aha" moment was last year when I was desperately googling for some information as to how to stitch salwar kameez. When I browsed thru this site for info that I was looking for and got much much more than asked for I said to my self " Aha this is the best site I have come across". Ever since I have been a regular visitor.

Cheers !!!!! :)

Sudha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.