1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Agni Nakshatram

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, May 23, 2016.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

This year experienced Agni nakshatram fully in South and here. We started our travel to Kerala on the start of Agni Nakshatram, ie. on 4th May. Since we travelled in IIIrd AC it was not so bad. There in Kerala also it was hot but on the day before the marriage on 8th May there was rain in the evening, s it was not so bad. We stayed also in AC room. While coming back also we had safe journey and since we went to my brother in law's house after getting down and had lunch and his dil gave for the night also. But still since I had to buy milk and dahi I bought neer dosa too. Next day inthe hot sun I had to go to the two banks. I had to buy vegetables so started walking but all the vegetable vendors on the roadside were driven , so noone on the road side and had to walk till the end where some were sitting. Could not buy much. So next day again went to buy vegetables and went to Sapthangam for an hour. Came bank in the hot sun, since noone at home though tired had to fetch cold water myself. Next day attended Saptangam and had lunch there only. Next day was last day of Sapthangam on 15th. On 18th was my father in law' death anniversary, as I had posted in the earlier thread went to Pune and came back on 20th evening.My husband had bad cold from the time we left Pune . Now he is better. Saturday I could not take rest as I had to deliver the gifts and eatables sent by my sis in law's daughters to my brother in law's house. Luckily when I wentthere my brother in law said to have breakfast and his dil prepared crispy dosa and gave with pickle and also hot hot coffee. I had to go and buy vegetables but my brother in law said take raw plantains , you can buy later but again I have to go and buy so went and bought vegetables then went home. Yesterday we went for a marriage, it was AC hall so it was good but had to come back in the hot sun by bus at 1 pm. Today also I had to go to the bank .

Have got used to this hectic life and since I like to enjoy life and attend functions so the heat does not bother me. ONly thing when I come home feel someone should be there to give be cold water , as everything I have to do it myself. I know many senior woman are going through like me since now a days children are abroad or staying separately.

A small sadness will spoil our marvelous mind, Like a small hole damages a big boat … So be happy and refresh your mind frequently.

Last edited: May 23, 2016

2. bhagya85

bhagya85 Silver IL'ite

Good one vijima...When I read your post I was able to picturize my mom in your place. I understand that though we keep motivating ourselves,sometimes we long for such small support in life. This moment, I miss my mom :pensive: what if she too had felt the same someday.
    But you are a very enthusiastic person,so you know the secret of celebrating life. Cheer up..summer is going to end soon..:banana:

iyerviji likes this.
  3. shrivni

shrivni Silver IL'ite

Good One Viji ma...

Temp in Tamil Nadu is much better than what North people are experiencing. Happened to a video in FB yesterday.
    Thar roads are melting in Gujarat and Rajasthan itseems and when people try to cross roads...their slippers are getting sticked to the melted thar road and people tend to fall down.
    We are ready to bare any heat....but none of us are ready to grow trees...no places also.
    Hopefully, we should plant more trees and make a greener India...

Always carry Water ma...where ever you go....be hydrated!

umaakumar, satchitananda and iyerviji like this.
  4. sangeethakripa

sangeethakripa Gold IL'ite

Dear Mam ...
    Happy to see your post after some time. Hope you had a good time in Kerala and pune inspite of this agni natshathram. You are a source of inspiration for being positive at any point of time whether it is troublesome life or hot climate. Praying God for your health.

iyerviji likes this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Though my post brought memories of your mom sorry to know you are missing your mom. I can understand. Thanks for your good wishes dear

kaniths and bhagya85 like this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

@shrivni dear Sorry toknow about the situation in Gujrat and Rajasthan. True dear trees should be there. Ya dear I carry water

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Ya dear I had a good time in Kerala and Pune. Thanks for your compliments, its all God's blessings. Thanks for your prayers dear

8. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Vijima, yes, it has been unbearably hot this year. I can fully understand your wish there would be someone to give you one glass of cold water. I really marvel at your determination to enjoy all social functions, no matter how bad the heat. I wish I could be so determined myself!

iyerviji likes this.
  9. dasikajl

dasikajl Gold IL'ite

Hello Viji Mam,

You are a true inspiration to many like me, who have less determination.

It is very heart touching indeed!!

iyerviji likes this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I am made like that dear, like to enjoy life , do not like to miss the opportunities Its allGod's blessings that I am able to enjoy and bear the heat

satchitananda likes this.