Age limit for ICSE and CBSE board

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by thendral_world, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

mahesselva,

The child should have completed three years in june, but as we have already discussed in this thread, some schools have 3+.

you have modern senior secondary which is cbse.you have a st.augustine school, which is icse.

I am from this area and my children go to St.Brittos. DAV adambakkam is a school that you can consider if you are interested only in academics.

We have already discussed lots of schools in the schools in chennai thread. please go through that also.

see we can give only opinions. A school which feels comfortable f or me may not be good for you. so just get an idea from what has been discussed here, visit the school and take a decision.

all the best

2. Mahesselva

Mahesselva New IL'ite

Thanks u for ur kind reply.Actually I live in USA now.Next year I will move to India.

That's why I cleared my doubt.I will see that school first and then I made a decision.

Thanks Shanthi

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Mahaselva,

You are welcome. And good to know that you are planning ahead...all the best...

4. GDVVEL

GDVVEL New IL'ite

Hi,
    My daughter will complete 3 years at coming Feb'10. Today i went school for get the application. I asked that person for age limit. They told that june30 2010 she has to completed 3 years. But she will complete at even feb. My doubt is can she able or pick up the subject at this age. PLEASE CLARIFY. We have deceided to get application on next year. that means 2011. I have seen your conversation. After that i got some fear due to more age means she will complete 4 years at this stage. can we get seat or not.
    Please clarify

Thanks
    VEL

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Vel,

Most schools in chennai have started becoming strict on the 3.6months factor.

if you are worried, you can put your kid in pre-kg in the school which your are zeroing in on. that way the age factor does not matter much.

but my Son started kg only in 4 as he also falls in the same cadre as yours.

Still there are schools which do take at 3. it is your comfort level, and your take on how you want things for your child.

6. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Hi Vel,

I have been thru this over age problem for my daughter born in May... but we decided that we will start her with LKG at the age of 4 only.. But if the school you are opting for, has any objection in admitting a kid over the age of 4 to LKG, then u will have to see if your child can manage the pressure...

In my kids school, i see many kids struggling to cope with the portions in UKG now, because they are just 4 years when they have started UKG.. One or two parents have opted to put the kids back in LKG itself.

So when u look for admission, consider all these and take a good decision for ur kid... Many of the Chennai Schools now take children to LKG at 3 and a half years only... but as Shanthi mentioned, there are some who take them at 3 also...

7. GDVVEL

GDVVEL New IL'ite

Thanks for immidiate respose

BYE VEL...

8. GDVVEL

GDVVEL New IL'ite

Thanks for immidiate response

Bye
    VEL