1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Age Difference In Relationships..

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by anika987, Jan 13, 2022.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

My husband's friend back in bangalore got married. She was 40 at that time and the guy she had married was 32..

Also, some of the acquaintances I know have age gap.

Even actors like Malaika - Arjun..

south actors Arya - Sayeesha (He is 41 and she is 24)

Shahid and Mira...

Let alone actors, even amongst regular people the age gap is no more a criteria..

Is this change good?

Will the emotional maturity and relationships be better with so much age difference?

Caide likes this.

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

It all depends on the individuals involved. Each situated is different. It’s not possible to make blanket statements.

silentlistener, Mistt and anika987 like this.
  3. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

But sometimes love can be age-blind.

anika987 likes this.
  4. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

I can't say "emotional maturity and relationships be better with so much age difference" because some people after getting married even it is little fight the age plays vital role in misleading their own thoughts.

When it comes to marriage apart from all this-age, maturity etc one must understand or try to know whether they really are ready for marriage

Mother of both bride and groom.
    Father of both.
    Bride and groom themselves

1. Parent's of the groom and bride must understand that someone is really going to enter his/her son's life and he/she should give them some space. Bride and groom must understand that for so and so years they grew with parents can't just ignore each other's parents just like that.

First of all they should accept they are getting married not in a dreamy way but in a practical view

2. Age is just a number.
    One should never get aged by heart.
    All these runs in mind when they fall in love in public place unlike college or school where they know age. If it still runs after knowing each other's age it may result in good future. But if a little hesitant thought arises it must be ignored

And people gets more talked about when woman's age is more than guy's . I don't know why. I still remember studying "bound feet" lesson in my school days. Where a marriage bond is created for a Japanese girl of 6 yrs with a unborn boy child.

Even in our country during king's rule despite age of queen marriage bond was created.

It's just with changing culture everything is changing. Now again rewind

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
    anika987 likes this.
  5. Dishaa

Dishaa Gold IL'ite

Dear Op,
    Leave about celebrities, in our Bengali culture we dont have this thing about age.

Two of uncles are younger than my aunt one about 5 yrs and other about 2+ yrs. They both are happily married for 40 + years. Even a few of my friends are having a age difference of 12 - 13 yrs even they r married for years.

Issues are created by the extended families or by outsiders. If you and your spouse are good in understanding and maintain bond then no problem at all.

Caide likes this.