Age Criterion for Admission in Bangalore Schools

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares in Bangalore' started by himkum, Feb 12, 2009.

1. himkum

himkum New IL'ite

Hi

We are presently residing in Delhi & planning to move to Bangalore shortly. My daughter is in KG at present and we are looking fwd. for her admission to Grade 1 in Bangalore. She was born on 23rd August 2003 and I see that in most of the schools in Bangalore she does not qualifies for admission to Grade 1. Can anyone recommend schools which would allow for her admission to Grade 1.

Would appreciate your help in this matter....

2. hemchi

hemchi Silver IL'ite

Hi Himkum,

Welcome to IL. Hope you are enjoying here in Indusladies. And a hearty welcome to Bangalore.
    If you have an idea of which area in Bangalore do you plan to reside after returning, you might get answers here.

Hema.

3. himkum

himkum New IL'ite

School is my first priority. Once a good school is finalised we will live in the neighborhood.

4. hemchi

hemchi Silver IL'ite

Hi Himkum,

You can check with Sudarshan vidya mandir in Jayanagar...I'm not sure thought. But you can try. Let's wait for others with their information.

Hope it helps,
    Hema

5. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

dear himkum,

Definitely you daughter will get admission in venkat international public school in rajaji nagar.They have branches in jp nagar too. It is a good school only that they will give more homework.

My niece is aug.2002 born she is studying in NPS in 1grade now.Nps is very good school, you can try in that school also.

6. MrsMulchandani

MrsMulchandani New IL'ite

Hi Himkum,

The older schools in Bangalore, such as NPS, Bishop Cottens, Baldwins, Bethanys, Frank Anthony Public School, Sri Kumaran's etc are very strict about the cut off age - the kid should have completed 6 years by June for Grade 1. Also, there is a lot of demand to get admission to these schools, hence the age condition is strictly followed.

You can try in new schools, such as Presidency schools (JP Nagar, RT Nagar), Padma Shishadri Bal Bhavan (PSBB LLA - Bannerghatta Road), Brigade school (JP Nagar), Sudarshan Vidya Mandir (jayanagar). Most of these schools have their websites, and googling will provide you with more details.

Hope this helps!!

7. Neetu_kumar

Neetu_kumar Senior IL'ite

Yes, most of the schools are particular about age criteria as the demand for these schools are high.I'm not sure but you could try the international schools. I hv heard Vidya Shilp is good but i'm not sure about the age criteria.

Good luck in your search.

8. karish

karish New IL'ite

Hi Himkum

You will definitely get in Hosur International School, it is very close to Bangalore, they have busses to Bangalore and the fee structure is very nominal (0nly 50k p.a). Best coaching is given, arts, music, swimming, karate, yoga everything is included.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2009
  9. sharada1970

sharada1970 New IL'ite

hi!
    just shifted from indiranagar nps to rajajinagar last year and got admission for my boy in venkat international public school in rajajinagar.i am extremely happy with academics,faculty,approchable management.i was amazed by the infrastructure and the hygiene..i find the fees value for money for the facilities and quality provided.

10. Madhura1969

Madhura1969 New IL'ite

Hi Sharada & all,

I read your comments about experience of Venkat International public school, rajajinagar. I have recently shifted from Mumbai to Bangalore and was looking for good school in Basaveswarnagar / rajaji nagar area. I have two boys seeking admission in 3rd & 6th standard respectively. I have already got confirmation for admission in DPS north (but is quite a distance to travel everday for children). NPS rajajinagar is waitlisted & I am not very hopeful to get admission. I have not yet checked with Venkat (VIPS) option and seeing your opinion I was tempted to try for this school. Please let me if it's difficult to get admission and what is the fee structure (donation? if any).
    What is general opinion of all about Sri Vani Machohalli school?

Thanks a lot.