Age criteria for admission to LKG in Chennai Schools

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by manjumnair, Feb 8, 2007.

1. parimala_80

parimala_80 New IL'ite

Re: PSSB School Admission LKG

Hi all,

We are in UK now and planning to move to chennai at the end of this year.I have 3 year old kid,I am looking for good schools in chennai,certainly the forum was really helpful.I got all the info except :

1.What sort of interviews will be there for LKG admission ?
    2.What do they expect from kids ?

PS : I heared that there will be written test and the oral interviews for the kids..is it true ?

Thanks in advance !!

2. parimala_80

parimala_80 New IL'ite

Getting the Application for LKG

Hi all,

I would like to know if parents need to go personally to get the application for LKG or any relatives can go and pick up the application ? because right now we are in UK but planning to settle down in chennai end of this year.I guess all the schools started issuing the application now itself..so am bit curious to get the application thro' my relatives..your responses would be of great help.

thanks.

3. kavya007

kavya007 Gold IL'ite

Re: PSSB School Admission LKG

Yes PSBB is really an excellent school. I am another proud PSBBian. I studied there from 4th std till 12th std. I really loved my school days. They definitely did thrust hinduism in my days not sure how it is now. But overall there were lot of extra curricular activities and my teachers were great.

Thanks,
    Kavya.

4. vijikathir

vijikathir Senior IL'ite

Re: Getting the Application for LKG

Hi Parimala,
    Relatives or friends can collect and submit the application . When they call us for interview we(Parents and kids if they need) have to go there in person.

5. sayee

sayee New IL'ite

Re: Application Issue Date...for LKG and 1std admission

Hi Narmadha ,

Have you submitted the application form in PSBB? did they write WL/L as the application no ??

Have you got any info on Ashram school ?

Regards,
    Sayee

6. parimala_80

parimala_80 New IL'ite

Re: Getting the Application for LKG

Thanks Viji for the info..Do you have idea about the kind of interview they conduct ?

7. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

I am right now in U.S but I will be putting my daughter when we come back to India.My daughter was born in Dec 28 2006.As per my understanding She will be 3 and half in Jun 2010.Will she be eligible for L.K.G admission at that time?

Also is the age limit with respect to date of issue of application or date of joining schools.

We be coming near by to valasarawalkam so I have the following schools <table x:str="" style="border-collapse: collapse; width: 89pt;" width="119" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><col style="width: 89pt;" width="119"> <tbody><tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt; width: 89pt;" width="119" height="17">PSBB</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17">Jawahar Vidyalaya</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17">
    </td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17">Chinmaya Vidyalaya</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17">Pon Vidyashram</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17">Avichi School</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17">
    </td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17">
    </td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17">La Chateline

Thanks
    </td> </tr> </tbody></table>

8. jpoorni

jpoorni Senior IL'ite

Re: UKG admission in chennai school

Hi,

I m looking for the admission for UKG. Most schools issue application in march/april.we were particular abt cbsc syllabus, but now we have very few options so trying out matric also.some schools informed that they dont have ukg admissions.wondered yyyyyyyyyyyy....

pls share your experience,

Poornima

9. icy.jolly

icy.jolly New IL'ite

LKG Admission_Schools

Hi All, Please help me to find a good school(LKG admission) in and around Adyar and thiruvanmiyur.Thanks Daisy

10. Orange

Orange New IL'ite

L.K.G. Admission - 2009

Dear Friends,

I would like to know the list of "good" schools in mogappair (near mogappair) annanagar, kilpauk...

As well as the date of issue of application forms. for L.K.G. admission.

Please.