1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

After EAD how long will take to get Green card

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by goldenrose, May 2, 2012.

1. goldenrose

goldenrose Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I got my EAD, My DH was under EB2 we applied end of Feb 2012 we got the EAD end of April 2012, How long will take to get Green card. Someone would have got the GC. Please tell me how many months will take to get GC after getting EAD

2. kayalsiva

kayalsiva Senior IL'ite

hi ,
    We are in the same boat ,i have EAD now we received date for finger print,may be once your document is perfect everything goes well you get it soon.but again it depends on the cases & catogory you filed MurthyDotCom : MurthyForum this forum have upto date information.

3. Wejath

Wejath New IL'ite

Your EAD and AP approval has nothing to do with the processing and approval of your green card. If your I-140 petition is approved, your I-485 application will be approved in 2-3 months. The processing time varies on case by case basis. Some of my recent cases are approved in just 2 months are some are taking from 6-8 months. Hang in there.....Good luck!

4. SreeSri

SreeSri Gold IL'ite

As Wejath is saying above, EAD/AP has nothing to do with the Approval of AOS(means i485/Green Card etc)
    EAD is a temporary permission given on request to work while the AOS(GC) is in pending status.
    Similarly AP is a pre-permission to re-enter, while your AOS(GC) is in pending status(if you have any other kinds of visas like H4/H1 etc, you dont need AP to re-enter).
    So, AOS is like a train traveling to the destination (of its approval). EAD/APs are passengers may or may not get into the train and they may travel all along till its destination or they may get down at any time. But still the train needs to keep moving on till it reaches its destination.

Now by decoupling the EAD/APs influence on the GC approval, the question is "So, thats alright, I got it.. but tell me when can I get my GC". My answer is "Ask the God!!, when you meet Him in your next prayer tomorrow". Yes, your Priority Date Must be current in order for you to get a chance to get an approval. "You are telling all train stories, I am bored of it, Just tell me when do my Priority date gets current and get out of this forum?". My answer is LoL.. silently I am saying myself "This gurl is real impatient.. God only saves his hubby and kids..." and say this out to you "Dont you know the Google? Search for "Green Card priority date" and spend good time"