After delivery can we manage baby alone wihtout others help?

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by thangam2806, Jun 17, 2015.

1. thangam2806

thangam2806 New IL'ite

Hi Dears,

I am in india now. when I travelled from US to India I don't know that I am pregnant. so I did not travel back to usa. I am in 5 month now. i am planning to travel to usa at 7 month. but my family members are not interested to send me back and they can't travel due to some commitments. I want to be with my husband at least before deliver my baby because we are separated from 1st month. He cant travel from usa to india due to his visa extension and project situation. he cant reach at the time of my delivery. if so, he would not be with me a single day in whole my pregnancy. i don't want miss the few days with my husband. My doubt is can we manage without our parents or in-laws help after delivery? my husband will help me a lot like cooking, cleaning house, washing vessels etc., I don't have a doubt at all in that.

But I am scary whether we can manage the baby alone or not. Because this is my first pregnancy that's why i am very scared
    Please give me some advice and useful tips dears....

Thanks,
    Thangam.

1 person likes this.

2. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

There should not be any issues managing alone. Can your hubby take a few days off during the delivery? If you have normal delivery then you are after a few days fit for normal household chores. With C-section the recovery the recovery is slightly slower and you should avoid to lift heavy things. Most people manage by themselves without any external help.

Plan in advance, stock up on groceries and easy-to-make food, prepare meals and have in the freezer. Buy the baby stuff (clothes, bath tub etc) well in advance. Get a pram so that you can take walks with your baby (good for your recovery and baby sleeps well outside).

Check your DH:s insurance that what part of the delivery costs are covered.

Coming home with your small one is great bonding time with your hubby :).

3. resmij

resmij Silver IL'ite

You can manage. Keep this in your mind firmly.

regards,
    resmij

4. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

One thing that came to my mind. There will be in the hospital parenting classes on how to take care of the baby (bathing, diaper changes, breastfeeding etc). The father can also participate in these.

5. thangam2806

thangam2806 New IL'ite

Hi Crayoness,

Thanks for your supportive words. We are planning to hire doula service after delivery for a month. so is it more easy than normal rite? :)

6. thangam2806

thangam2806 New IL'ite

Thanks Resmij for your positive comments

7. DrVandhana

DrVandhana Bronze IL'ite

Its better to take help from some of your relatives , especially your mother. If thats not possible take help from any of your friends atleast for the first 10 days. Later on even if you dont have them you can keep a maid for sometime till a month atleast 2-3 hours per day. It will be difficult to manage baby alone without anyone's help for the first few days soon after delivery.