AED 12K Salary is sufficient for a bachelor sor staying in Dubai?

Discussion in 'IL'ites in Dubai' started by rishi1361, Apr 27, 2010.

1. rishi1361

rishi1361 New IL'ite

Hi,

I am going to join there in RAK bank in Ras-Al-Khaimah in first week of August :)

My company had also offered me medical and life insurance along with 12K AED per month as salary.

So I would like to know few more additional details from you (if you can help me out in the same) -

1. Weather conditions there in RAK - I think now a days summers are there but lesser hot than India (specially New Delhi), what about winters - are they too colder there also like here ?

2. Which cellualr serives are working there at RAK - Currently I am having Vodafone connection in my personal cell, so will it work if I carry it with me there in RAK; if not so will I get a local cellular connection there easily (being a new comer to the place)?

Thanks & Regards,
    Rishi :)

2. malathyj

malathyj Silver IL'ite

Hi Rishi,

Welcome to UAE. My responses below;

1. Weather conditions there in RAK - I think now a days summers are there but lesser hot than India (specially New Delhi), what about winters - are they too colder there also like here ?
    Winters are also cool, it dips to about 10 degrees Celsius...

2. Which cellualr serives are working there at RAK - Currently I am having Vodafone connection in my personal cell, so will it work if I carry it with me there in RAK; if not so will I get a local cellular connection there easily (being a new comer to the place)?

You can choose between Etisalat and Du - these are the 2 major service providers

3. rishi1361

rishi1361 New IL'ite

Thanks for your reply Malathy ma'm.

Yesterday, I got confirmation from my employer of RAK bank that I have to work with Dubai Silicon Oasis in Dubai and I have to stay there, now I am much tensed about the same as whether I can get accomodation on reasonable prices there in Dubai (near to Dubai silicon oasis), about the meals and transportation costs?

I have been offered AED 7500 as Basic salary along with AED 4500 per month for accomodation allowance including Medical and Life Insurance policy.

Please assist me that out of AED 12000 per month, what will be the total cost of living there in Dubai and how much I can save (maximum) ?

Thanks & Regards,
    Rishi Kapur:)

4. malathyj

malathyj Silver IL'ite

Hi Rishi,

Why are you getting tensed? It is good to stay in Dubai.

You have a choice :
    - either stay in Dubai (Karama / Bur Dubai / Deira etc) and take a carpool to Silicon Oasis.

or

- stay close to your office in Silicon Oasis (life becomes easier)

In the first case, you will have to pay for accommodation (appx 2500 per month for a room probably all inclusive) plus transport - car pool may be around AED 1200 or so per month, meals as mentioned earlier....

In the second case, you get to stay closer to office, transportation may cost you nothing, accommodation is not sharing - you get a studio apt for appx AED 28K (annual rent), food is also not a major issue, if you start cooking on your own or there may be fast foods available in the area..

trust this helps..

5. rishi1361

rishi1361 New IL'ite

Thanks a lot once again Malathy ma'm, you are really very suppotive to me :)

Best regards,
    Rishi

6. rishi1361

rishi1361 New IL'ite

Hello,

Greetings.....

Now it's time to move to Dubai from Delhi, now the very first thing for which I would look forward will be my mobile connection (preferably a postpaid connection) as I came to know that there in UAE - Etislat and Du are the 2 best services; so being resident of India, how can I get the mobile network connection work ? Whether the photocopy of my Indian Driving License would work there as an address proof document or do I need to get a letter issued from my employer for getting it?

Another thing, whether call charges are reasonable or not - if I need to speak to my parents thee in India?

Thanks & Best Regards, :)
    Rishi

7. lonewolf

lonewolf New IL'ite

Rishi,

For being a guy, I feel you have to chill! Plus I wonder what a guy is doing in a women's forum? Unless you are .....

Ok to come to your questions. Etisalat works well due to a better network and coverage area. Du is still learning the ropes. Plus there are plenty of opportunities like internet telephony - gtalk, yahoo etc that should connect you to India, at a much cheaper rate.

Don't worry, be happy.

Cheerio

8. nandumon

nandumon New IL'ite

Hi Rishi,

Hope you are well settled in RAK by now.
    Even i've got a similar offer from RAK bank.
    Will you be able to elaborate on a few things.
    1. How is working at RAK bank, people and environment
    2. How much are you able to save with this salary
    3. Accomodation type, is it fully furnished , what would be the cost of a 1BHK
    4. Transportation and how easy is it to obtain a license.
    5. Entertainment and things like that

I'm currently working at Bangalore as a software engineer with 6.5 years of experience
    I've recently obtained the offer, so just wondering whether to consider it or not based on your inputs.

Thanks
    Nandu

9. Goutami

Goutami New IL'ite

Hello Everyone,

Even i am same like Rishi, A lady Offered a job at Dubai for 11K AED per month, the same does not include any accomodation, but they are offering me other benefits like - medical insurance, air tickets re-imburesment.

so, pleae suggest me that whether considering 11K AED per month is a good idea or not and please brief me about the following -

(1) apartment rent on sharing basis in Dubai(Bur Dubai) (including water and electricity)
    Is sharing basis is safe in Dubai

(2) Cost of meals per day (Breakfast-lunch-dinner)

(3) cost of transportation

Please advise me that should i accpe the offer or not as I also want to save good enough amount from my earnings.

Thanks,
    Goutami

10. kishoreg

kishoreg Gold IL'ite

hi goutami if u r at the early stage of your career i suggest you to takeup the oppurtunity as it will give you a good exposure if you were single its quite easy for u to manage and settle down quickly , and yes once u got adjusted to the professional and living environment u can save somemoney