1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Advice too many issues

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by nikkinikki1919, Jan 18, 2010.

1. nikkinikki1919

nikkinikki1919 New IL'ite

Dear All,
    Epandian,Riya123,ShilpaMa,DrPreethis,Priya16 and Sandhu
    I sincerely appreciate your advice,

On all this i dont term my mil as the villian..there are some people who dont change

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2010
  2. sabarimathi

sabarimathi Gold IL'ite

hi nikkinikki,

Tell me whaat u can do . Can u give her left and right, or can u seek y'r parents intervention to stop this or in a get together can u openly make this issue public ? Don't be soft. U anyway have earned a bad reputation from y'r DH [ sick mind ] and MIL .

When u get a chance of get togethers, where his friends or ppl are more , go public abt this . Don't feeel shy . u've to wake up y'r DH, who is just pretending to be ignorant of his mom's works. Suppose a thorn has pricked u, u need the help of another thorn to remove the so called bad thorn. Later, when the job is done u don't need either of the thorns b'cos fights don't usually last for long between spouses. Even if it lasts , make sure u break the ice.

But, pls tell us what u're capable of doing? God is always with the righteous.

3. sujanags

sujanags Gold IL'ite

Everyone has their own views and could differ from each other. My aim is not to extend this thread but wanted to share my views on this. I am not here to support anyone's views but this is what I think...

Nikki's last post says that she is disheartened by Nandhu's views. As far as I see, there were atleast 4 to 5 replies from Nikki for the questions asked by Nandhu. In Nikki's every reply post (except last one), she kept on asking advice from Nandhu or asking her to tell how to come out of issues. If Nikki had told that she did not like these questions, it would have avoided all such long posts from others. Instead at the end, if she comes and says that she is disheartened (after other share their own views), it is not good.

4. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Niki,

I know you are flooded with emotions. But, dont lose hope on us yet.. :)

C'mon... if there is one member's replies you didnt like or wanted to avoid, you have all the rights to. Since you are the OP. You can simply report the post and choose to ignore the response by writing to us, and we will make sure, the hurtful words are deleted. Promise. Dont feel offended by one member and please move on. We can delete all the posts that you feel hurt you in your thread. That is the right of the OP. So, dont just run away from your problems or posting here. You came here, asking for help because you couldnt look upon anyone isnt ? When in public forum, you get mixed replies. Some sound just fine some otherwise. What you can do is simply ignore those which dont do any help to you. Dont bother to answer any questions you arent comfortable with. That is all.

Words arent as clear as emotions are, Niki. So, dont get very sensitive. I dont say, every OP gets a solution to their problem here, but atleast they can write and see a clarity of things here in IL. Please do feel free to interact with members.

C'mon, let me see you post back with a strong feeling of SOLVING your problems, in style.

P.S - I shall edit / remove all the offensive posts and your responses which you felt uncomfortable answering to in your thread.

5. nikkinikki1919

sujanags; yes i was disheartned with some statments and replies of Nandhu
    As a invisible friends and advisers on the blog you can ask me questions
    but then there is a line which u dont cross you cant post all details on this
    as nandhu was the first one to reply to me i did not just reply her but to everyone on the blog for advise
    i did not apprecite the language used by nandhu like doordarshan serial
    this is my life i am living this moment at present
    its a sensetive issue.not a documentry.
    Nandhu did advise somethings really nice which i truley appreciate
    But things were getting debative with Nandhu and Shilpa Ma
    i just want my friends here to be pillar to me and sensetive to me
    I hope this answers your question

6. nikkinikki1919

I sincerely appreciate everybodys advise and support
    Even Nandu as there were some things worth understanding
    She made me relaise some points which i ignored all this while
    Just that i was offended with some statments and when things turn debative

This is for NANDU

I disscussed some issues with my husband exactly using the same words you advised me with.
    I can see he understood them :)for the first time he said
    That MIL behaves wrong
    He saw the picture which i wanted him to see n understand

7. sujanags

sujanags Gold IL'ite

Good to see that your DH understands the situation now. As long as he is here to understand and support you, don't worry about your MIL issue. Anyway they are coming once a while.

Stay happy. Have a nice time with DH. :thumbsup