Advice Required on Living in Saudi.

Discussion in 'Indians in Riyadh Province' started by Pras, Sep 2, 2007.

1. vidhya77

vidhya77 New IL'ite

Hi Madhu,

Thanks a ton for your inputs.

Regards,
    Vidhya

2. vidhya77

vidhya77 New IL'ite

Hi Madhu,

Hope you are doing good. My husband was given an offer for 11000/- SR per month + 3 months as Rental Allowance per annum + Transportation allowance and Medical Insurance for self only.
    Is that a good offer to accept to live in Al Khobar? Is the rent allowance OK?
    Can you please share your thought.

Rgs,
    Vidhya.

3. vidhya77

vidhya77 New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

This is Vidhya.

Can anyone in Al Khobar share the compounded accomodations available and rent for a family of 3 preferrably 2BHK?

Is the rent payable quarterly or halfearly or annually?

I am from Chennai and would prefer accomodations where indian community live.

Can I get good accomodation for SR 36000 Per Annum.?

When they say annual is it 12 months or 15 months because I hear someone telling me that they follow a different calendar. Is that so?

Solicit your earliest reply.

Thanks in advance.

4. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Hi Vidhya,

I am not sure about the sharing in compounds.

Regarding for apartments, the rent is generally half-yearly.
    (That is.. we will have to pay the rent for 6 months in advance, and then again after 6 months pay the next. So, we pay twice in a year.)

And yes, for SR 36000 p.a, you will get good, flats in Al khobar.
    The Hijri calender followed here, is of 12 months too :).

There are lots of Indians in Khobar and you will feel at home there. Do not worry. I stayed there for 5 months.

Bye and all the best

5. vidhya77

vidhya77 New IL'ite

Hi Saraswati,

Thanks for your inputs. Sorry if I have communicated wrongly. I am not looking for shared accomodation. My family consist of 3 members (Myself,Husband & one Daughter).

Is compounded accomodation expensive? If so can you please share both compounded accomodation and also some apartments/flats in Khobar.
    Even if you point me to the right link would do.

Thanks again for your time responding to my query.

Rgs,
    Vidhya

6. visasubu

visasubu New IL'ite

Hi All,
    We are from Bangalore,India.
    Self and my husband will be moving to Riyadh soon. Would like to know the following information
    1) Cost of living in Riyadh -
    2) Furnished indian compound details with 1bk or 2 bk apartment in compounds. How much do they cost ?? What facilities will be there ? We are looking for good ones but not ver costly.
    3) Unfurnished compound details , how much they cost for 1bk / 2bk.
    4) In case, need to purchase furnitures , what will be the cost ? Will second hand furnitures available ?
    5) Whether vegetarian food like Mess or Hotel available.
    6) how about Kitchen utensils ? Do we get it in Riyadh or we need to bring it from India. We are planning to bring Cooker and Mixie.
    7) Name of departmental stores / Shops where we get indian spices and rice.
    8) How about TV channels ? Do we get Tamil / English / Hindi/ Malayalam channels .
    I have already gone through other threads like "Advice required on living in saudi " and "Hi all " and other threads. Couldn't get info on my queries.

It would be really great if I get response for the above queries .
    Thanks a lot,
    Visa

7. ranjeev

ranjeev New IL'ite

Re: Advice Required on Living in Saudi/Riyadh

Hi VisaSubu

I have the same sort of query which you asked earlier. Would you be able to guide now that you ahve been there for couple of months.

This is for IL administrator/Other Experts. I went through multiple threads but either the right responses to this sort of query were outdated (some ranging to 2008) or were not relevant. Therefore would request you to share the exact link where current information in this website would be available or if feasible a quick summary of current cost of living in terms of
    Housing - 2-3 BHK
    Grocery -
    Maids -
    Drivers -
    Schools -

I saw this link and if you think this is very close to actual figures do let me know.

Thanks for your guidance

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2010
  8. uvnpsaradhi

uvnpsaradhi New IL'ite

Hi friends,
    Nice to see this thread and helped me a lot to get to understand about RIYAD

My name is Saradhi, from hyderabad and landing in RIYAD next week for a long term assignment as a IT consultant.
    I have been offered 12,000 Riyals per month in which 3500 Riyals were payable in India and the remaining in RIYADH.

This 8500 Riyals includes accommodation and transportation.
    As we are coming as a team of 3 and expected to share the accommodation and the company is providing a bachelor shared accommodation which will be deducted from the salary. I was told that we are taking an apartment with a rent of Rs.20000 per month and the team need to share it. With the company expecting to take more and more resources, the team is expected to grow to 5+ by December and the amount of money deducted from the salary should come down.

While I can understand that it takes a minimum of 3000 to 3500 Riyals to survive in RIYAD from these previous threads, I would like to know if there is a change in the cost of living considering that these threads are 1 to 2 years old.
    What is the new position and with bachelor shared accommodation and not bringing the family to RIYAD in the next 1 year at least, what would be the saving potential?

i also wanted to do some part time jobs like taking Computer classes in computer institutes in the week ends for time pass , is foriegners allowed to do such jobs and if yes, what can be the earning potential for such Computer teachers?

Prasad and Kitchuppa,

Hope you guys are still around in RIYAD.

Please share your numbers privately so that I can contact you guys once I land there.

-Saradhi

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  9. visasubu

visasubu New IL'ite

Re: Advice Required on Living in Saudi/Riyadh

Hi Ranjeev,

sorry for late response as I just saw your post.

Cost of living in Riyadh has gone up. Rental rates are up.

Regarding your queries, please find my response

Housing - 2-3 BHK - There are compounds and apartments available . It depends upon what type of accomodation you require.

Compounds are costly. It has security and all facilities inside. Compound buses ply to and fro to shopping areas , schools etc.

Cost of compounds for 1 bhk furnished ranges anything between 50 to 80K yearly. On lower side you get 1 BHK compounds for 30k yearly also .

Cost of compounds for 2 BHK furnished ranges anything between 70 to`120k yearly . On lower side u get for 40k yearly also but very difficult to get it.

Compounds are difficult to get and i t has huge waiting list.
    Inside compounds abhayas are not required to wear.

Apartment costs anything between 10k to 30k yearly. It depends on the area.

Grocery -Many grocery shops are available like carrefour, panda,. aljazeera ect.
    Indian grocery vegetables are available in nesto hyper market which is in Batha. you have lot of indian shops in Hara too.

Maids - Maids are available in compounds but for apartments i have no idea. I think u should go through some agency to get maid
    Drivers - Available. but no idea abt it.
    Schools - DPS shoo l is available where most indian kids study there.

10. money

money New IL'ite

Hi All,

I am new to this thread and intersted to know about living in Al Khobar.
    I have few common questions but I need updated answers:

1.How safe is this place for Indians(IMP)???
    2.How much is the cost of living( latest information needed)?
    3.Can we get compound easily and how much will it cost?

Please reply as it is urgent.

Thanks
    Money