1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

advice plssss regardin havin a baby

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by nebpharm, Jun 15, 2010.

1. nebpharm

nebpharm Bronze IL'ite

hi all ,
    i m confused whether to consieve now or later. I m 27 , married 3 yrs back. due to some unavoidable reasons i wasnt settled with my hubby. now about from a month things r better economically n relationship between me n hubby r nice too. (they were quite unstable earlier.)we hav just buied a home(on loan)n most important just joined my dream job as a trainee.
    now age wise n socially i must hav a baby now but ecnomicaly n carrier vise we shld wait . my hubby wants a nice carrier n to be a bit more stable but on a whole its my decesion.
    plss advice shld we wait more ?? if yes how much will not b too much.

note- we hav just started enjoin life after much of struggle , so we r confused but as any other indian girl want to hav kid at right time.moreover i hav to leave job or take break for atleast 1 yr.

pls dont say thats all is upto me , i wanna ur opinion , in my shoes. as i m unable to decide.:bonk

luv

2. nebpharm

nebpharm Bronze IL'ite

25 views n not a single reply !! come one girls i m eagerly waiting!!

3. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Hello friend,

There is no right age to have a baby.Period.Babies just happen when they have to.In my opinion,you can start trying to conceive now.Visit Fertility and Trying to conceive sub forum for more details!

4. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Ria - since you're asking for opinions here's mine. I would postpone having a baby by a couple of years ie. start trying for one only after 2 years. By that time , hopefully, the training period for the career would be over and taking a break wouldnt be such a problem. 29-30 is not too old for a first baby and I think a little more stabilty on the marriage front would be a goo dthing too. Good luck with whatever you do decide!

Vanathi.

5. asha_karthik

asha_karthik Silver IL'ite

Ria

There are many girls at my workplace who have started their career only after their child. IFF you have the right help at home to take care of the baby, there is really no need for a break of 1 year.. just a 5-6 months is sufficient.

Like RG rightly pointed out, babies happen only when it has to. if i were you, i would start trying now. building your relationship with your hubby might work out better during your TTC period, pregnancy period and after baby too.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  6. Sobhi

Sobhi Senior IL'ite

Hi

Iam personally a working mom with a 1.5year old kid.
    Having a baby completely changes your life. Your life will be mostly around your kid at least for 2 years .

Since you say only now you and your DH has started living together, give it sometime. Try to understand each other better. Make your bond stronger and then you will also settle career wise in 2years. Build a reputation for yourself. All this help in having a sound mental health once you have your baby.

Dont have a baby for right age or society or family demands. Think over the decision well and decide.

If I was in your position, I would have postponed by atleast 2 years.
    I had my baby when I was 30, so i guess age should not be a problem to you.

shobha