1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Advice please

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by lovelydoll, Jun 12, 2010.

1. lovelydoll

lovelydoll Senior IL'ite

thanks a lot dear
    i never speak about my in law to him becoz, once i said so, that in law complaints she has mental tensions becoz of me then his immediate response was she is not like that and all the time she asks me to look after you.............
    they dont talk in the house , only on drive to office.she is a wicked acting woman
    yeah , i should find a job only concern now
    but thing is his words always revolve
    some nasty words , i might have clicked u , ur father , mother out of the house.............
    control language and words but he can use this filthy language and he is good and myself and my parents are bad as they ask questions.it was only once they asked about his brother and even now my parents respect him and say u got to know his mind set so have to move accordingly
    but this guy is tough.
    when in india , i was not liking to come back with him , he bought me here and today left alone, dying to talk atleast

2. lovelydoll

lovelydoll Senior IL'ite

hates becoz of no reason , i believe
    first thing after marriage he said was i think all are different in ur house expect ur father........ I was shocked who gave a wrong notion to u as he was in US at that time
    slowly things changed, u r rich ........... i dont have any
    but well to do family whatever it is today
    as i mentioned earlier, becoz my father asked abt his brother that was wrong it seems
    so my father , touched his feet thinking he will satisfy now and look after his daughter happily
    but poor dad never knew, this guy is stupid as of today also repeats the things and says u supported ur father and made by honour ruin in the family
    his words and doing ..........
    he is ashamed that people will know but not knowing he should not do that

3. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Sarma, Atlast (atleast) you picked up this.I was wondering whether people accepted this act.

OP, Yes,your father did a mistake of touching his feet.YOU did a bigger mistake by watching this.Like how your MIL watches all stupid things her son does , you have watched this .And how could you allow your father to touch his feet.Is living with your (pshycic) hubby precious than letting your father down.What made you guys think that a guy who expects an elderly person to touch his feet will keep you happily everafter?.

Past is past.
    I would say , focus on your exam ,complete the same.Take charge of your life,become independent and take a decision(whatever it may be).Please remember that being a girl or from girl's family does not mean that you have to be submissive and do whatever your hubby's family says.

4. sarma

sarma Senior IL'ite

LD,

I am not a psychology person in a professional way but I think this guy is a sadist and he is putting you and your people through some mental torture. Does he flare up more when he sees you happy?

One thing is sure. Instead of trying to change him, find courage to find your own way. Surely don't rush to have kids soon.

Making FIL touch his feet is unforgivable, imo.

5. lovelydoll

lovelydoll Senior IL'ite

u are correct
    I hate that touching feet
    but this guy was very irritating and did not allow me to visit my parents , I was with him for 15 months and 1 visit
    all this drama
    they thought, we have to be good also and they did that, all in fraction of seconds........
    but his ego is not yet satisfied even today
    the talk and words he use make we feel i am in a gutter
    my father in a elderly person, who has a name in my town and people respect him
    this guy says that fellow, this ........
    I always remind to mind the language
    funny thing is again he wants , every one to assemble and wants to talk to them before all, but I should not say anything itseems
    he is ashamed to his own acts, but not understanding that he has to change his own attitude
    says I am not against ur parents but does all this stuff
    he simply yells, and I hate to speak anything
    I should be independent
    he feels only his parents are great and I landed from air without parents
    was saying , if u want to look after ur parents, i cant run after u
    dont understand why this came, and thank God that situation did not and should not arise.
    as parents , and as a daughter I will see
    he wants to look after his parents and keep aside mine
    there is no matter , in his talk only illusions

6. lovelydoll

lovelydoll Senior IL'ite

1 yr he was ok, i used to say what mum talked and all........but later he stopped asking and says after 6 months he started doubt, I ask what good reason , no reply
    i used to say abt our family, college, friends, but he never opened his mouth about any things. his brother used to stay with us but that idiot is also stupid , MIL used to call him and ask whether we are awake or sleeping , cooked or not...........
    my DH is unaware of this and feels his mum and brother are great
    I am not against his staying or anything , I always wished marriage should bring families together but now........................
    from past 2 yr, I am not really happy about anything, i pray daily and think it was a good day.......... tomm.............
    i am fed up with this
    recently my fathers sis called me as she leaves in US. At the time of our marriage she was not talking to our family and did not attend
    but recently my grand mother passed away and again they joined the family. my father introduced DH to them , but when she called , DH lifted the phone and said I dont like her calling , said to her that I was in rest room and hang the phone
    i dont understand if he is not liking ,he should not interfere, but from then she never called..................
    yeah, i should strengthen myself now

7. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

Lovelydoll, reading your post makes us disturbed how are you managing?....This is gross injustice, he does not have his head straight. Its really sad to see people around like these, who come abroad, earn money but have no idea what they are doing to their lives...

I dont think you can do any much given what you wrote, he is not only controlling you but everyone in your family if you see by his erratic behavior....

Last edited: Jun 13, 2010
  8. lovelydoll

lovelydoll Senior IL'ite

yeah, my parents are really concerned and worried , they ask whether u are ok? they are disturbed and other side MIL asks babies and a compulsary question are u both doing good? this is a irritating ques becoz, she knew the drama and why does she ask ?
    I was expecting him to change or he will know the truth that my parents are at no fault, but now i dont have any hope. yesterday also he was saying how dare they question me ? but he is not understanding his behavior is so, and they did not ask anything much also .
    If I share things with my parents, its an offense now, u tell everything
    I am not an idiot, have my brains and know what I should talk and not
    don't know dear how life is moving?
    he is paying his brothers house rent also, though he works , sends home , buys gold for mum . I don't have any objections becoz yeah he has to look after but if I miss my exam once it was a great misfortune and i am wasting his money , i am not organised or goal oriented.
    I really feel sad, what life i am leading a full contrast to my earlier life before marriage
    I had money, I was independent and parents gave freedom
    i was not expecting same with hubby as my father but not also even a person like this

9. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Pls. ensure no babies till things are sorted out!

10. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

That is really sad..that a person who lives a happy life before marriage undergoes kind of slavery after that. It happens with almost all marriages which has some or other adjustment...