1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Advice please

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by lovelydoll, Jun 12, 2010.

1. newbeginning

newbeginning Bronze IL'ite

Lovelydoll,

Hugs to you dear....i know how you must be feeling with no one to share your feeling, talk and a stupid hubby like this to deal with day in and day out.
    Others have said it correct, that he is very much controlling and dominating you...sort of domestic violence/abuse. Also he seems like a sadist guy trying to show his dominance by doing some cheap tricks.
    But I would suggest for now, concentrate on your exams...forget about changing him or even pleasing him, your goal is to clear the exam. I have dealt with such a hubby so please please my advise is to ignore all his sayings to pull you down. You say you were a topper in your studies...boost your self-confidence and study. And then if you can get into a job that will be great.
    After that you can decide where you want to go from there as spiderman suggested. Taking that decision now might be a little too overwhelming for you, given your situation with no help, friends around. In my opinion, just take one step at a time, make the step solid and then take the next step.
    You would be the best judge as to what your steps should be and act accordingly and please learn to *IGNORE* all what your hubby says to pull you down.

Take care,

2. lovelydoll

lovelydoll Senior IL'ite

I want a change in him, he should get confidence in me, he is always thinking my parents are doing something , and mum and his grand parents are too good innocent one
    which they are not.
    he should realise the things.
    for now after s discussion ,he was telling that dont think I will come out with u to ur parents house.
    I never had an idea of this and next thing was like i should look after his parents as elder DIL, and not mine
    dont know why these stupids thoughts are coming to him
    I said as a daughter I know what to do.
    dont know if things come to the way of divorce and no option, I have to strengthen myself. now he is cool but not sure after talking to is grand parents he blabbers a lot
    his own thought process can assess only little I believe.
    I tell the problem in detail
    first thing after marriage, when we were returning to US, my father also came to give send off. My DH brother also attended the marriage and came 2 days earlier to US.my father called my DH and said in a normal way like ur brother did not tell while leaving. now DH ego hurts , maid a mess use bad language, if he was that much hurt he might have said then itself
    but never revealed it and wants a sorry for that after 1 yr.
    my father is not that bad to keep something in mind, so when DH asked, he said sorry if u believe it to be wrong.so from that day he is going against all these and behaving stupidly
    DH says if they have money , I had knowledge
    now dont know how this guys will know my parents efforts, becoz they treated him with all respect inspite of him acussing my mum
    he should change

Last edited: Jun 13, 2010
  3. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

In my opinion, he 'may' only change if you give him the ultimatum - Tell him to change or else you will not be afraid to walk away.

4. lovelydoll

lovelydoll Senior IL'ite

Thanks a lot dear for ur boosting
    yeah , I am near to my goal yet other 3 exams and i have next week one.
    i should be financially independent
    that will let many things to settle
    he should change knowing the things for all simple things , he has only one feeling my father dont ask how ur father will ask?
    dump guy , becoz they gave daughter , they want us to be happy and they dont interfere in anything also
    what he thinks large are nothing , if he thinks on his own , then things will change , but thinks on behalf of MIL and her mum
    he was saying becoz he married me , he is facing the consequences.................and he has to control me
    instead , those words should be mine

5. lovelydoll

lovelydoll Senior IL'ite

yeah, if things are worst I should becoz i am almost dying with his mood fluctuations and instead he tells I may leave u

6. lovelydoll

lovelydoll Senior IL'ite

fight the situation , i am not knowing at present
    ofcourse I would like to disclose this to my parents , becoz if a real situation of leaving comes , they should be cool
    just concerned as mum has recent chest pain and father has good reputation in the town
    really not knowing dear

7. Vidya21

Vidya21 Senior IL'ite

Do you really think he "started" behaving like this because of that one incident? I don't think so. A misunderstanding can be cleared up with some rational thinking, a sincere apology etc. However, from what I read from your posts, you don't see eye to eye on several fundamental issues. That too would not be a problem if him and you were open to accommodate the other's views, but in this equation, the only one that I see doing all the accommodating is you.

However much you do to appease him and the IL's, there are going to be new ways for them to find dissatisfaction with you, your parents and everything else in the Universe. It's tough to change that mindset, unless you want your life to revolve around one unreasonable demand after another. Even so, the odds of that happening seem very little from what you've described in 3 years of being married to him.

No wonder you find your thinking fuzzy from all this. You tread cautiously, trying to anticipate what next tantrum is coming your way, but he is light-years ahead of you in cooking up new problems.

Wanting to change him and all is all good, but do think about it - do you honestly think he is going to change in a reasonable duration of time?

P.S. I second newbeginning's post though - all these can wait. Focus on, and get done with your exams first! That will make things far better for you! Good luck on that!!

8. Prettywoman2010

Prettywoman2010 New IL'ite

lovelydoll,

I sympathize with your situation, its very difficult to control someone else's behavior, however we can control our reactions. Your husband wants to dominate you and he is very egoistic, looks like he likes to pick fights with you at the slightest provocation.
    Please do not react to his outbursts just stay calm, when he doesn't get much response he will shut up on his own. Do not say anything about his mother to him and also do not show any kind of dislike towards her.
    Prepare well for your physiotherapy license exam, since you were a topper i am sure with slight determination on your part you will clear with flying colors. This should be your first step, concentrate on your exam and stay away from any arguments.
    Once you find a job, you will have more options and can think about the next step. I think since you are totally dependent on him he is mistreating you, once he realizes you can survive on your own he will behave better.

9. lovelydoll

lovelydoll Senior IL'ite

thanks a lot
    he was telling that 1 thing started the issues and he wanted my father to touch feet for that, for once they did thinking DG will be good, yeah, he finds mistakes in all, after a long discussion and saying that I have a brain and know what to tell my parents and other and no 3rd person is entering between us, he was saying ok definately , I had a doubt
    and was saying he is not against my parents, and they are moving with money and some time else he will get a chance to point them
    ill mentality ofcourse
    but give chance, as he was saying u are flexible in thoughts but I am tough i can't change soon
    once , I think I find him to be head strong and not using brain
    tomm again a new drama starts..........
    hoping he will change, but that is sinking now a days
    what a rude fellow to says , I might have not married if u want to look after ur parents
    god bless them to be happy and long lived and such thing never happens,but daughter has her responsibilities
    but not in a mood to discuss with him , as of no chance and simply wasting time.
    till today also unable to understand whether he is good or bad.
    6 months engaged life , i felt very happy things before were very good, he used to say families live together........... all drama
    he cares about my health, helps in studies, but family support is nill hope the guy changes and his mum moves away
    as she is always interested about my parents and always keeps telling u are SON IN LAW

10. sarma

sarma Senior IL'ite

Hi LD,

Why does he hate your parents' guts? What was such a big deal that your dad had to touch his feet? That's so unusual and no daughter would allow that usually.

Has anything happened during wedding? Any thing a surprise during or after wedding?

Good luck to you. I am sorry about the situation.