1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Advice needed in a critical situation

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Booni, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Rin123

Rin123 Senior IL'ite

OP

I admire you for helping your friend in such a dire situation. A friend in need is friend indeed!! I can imagine in foreign country any dependent women with small kids caught in such back situation, how much she must be suffering. Please be with her. I will pray for her.

I wonder if husband's parents and siblings have brain washed him without knowing future consequences?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
    3 people like this.
  2. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

if this happened maybe she might have given him a chance to talk and solve it out without going thru court and other things... unlike him..

1 person likes this.
  3. coolsandy

coolsandy Gold IL'ite

Have you watched the film 'Provoked'??? If not, you should. both you and your friend. Watch it repeatedly, till it sinks in her heart.

1 person likes this.
  4. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Smart man. Tell your friend to keep quiet and do the same. Such an opportunist. Mistakes happen and I don't think your friend had any intention to use it but he completely blew it out of proportion. Regardless, at this point she is really in deep trouble. He could have just sent her back to india instead he is putting her through such big shame and trauma.keep us posted

5. coolsandy

coolsandy Gold IL'ite

6. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Sister Booni,

:hatsoff: to you and your Dh, in helping your friend, May Baba bless your home in abundance. SAIRAM

1 person likes this.
  7. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

OP,Your friend's hubby cant hold her passport period. She has to push thru her attorney requesting the DA to seize her passport from her husband. He is sneaky and used your friend's response to his abuse as her nature and lodged a complaint. Living with such person your friend shud have gotten some hint. Anyway get a good lawyer and write a letter to the judge asking for her to meet her kids.

She shud not put herself in a spot by apologizing to her husband. Seeing how sneaky he is you never know how he can use it against her.Does she have any evidence he has abused her. Prior incidents where cops came to her house or warned hubby. She can use it against him to prove her innocence. All she says now is her word against his.Good Luck.

8. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

If she apologizes , he will record it and make his stand more stronger. Your friend must work on taking off the charge , not taking it on.

9. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

op,

I feel your friend's h is doing this because he has decided to divorce her and doesnt want to pay alimony or give her custody. Next time you meet the lawyer ask him what effect this criminal case will have on a future divorce proceeding and child custody hearing. Esp if the parent has admitted they have a temper problem. Find out what will be the ruling --If she is convicted in this case and if she is not but the evidence is there about her instability ( there would be a record that such a case was filed against her.)

I think after the fight he decided to divorce her and his mind moved to next step which is lifelong alimony and wife support plus a custody battle. So he came up with this idea of filing criminal charges against her to make sure she would never get custody of the kids. If she goes to jail he need not worry about alimony. It is worth finding out from her lawyer exactly what Texas laws say about awarding custody to a parent with a criminal past. Also what is the rule for alimony when there is criminal case against one party.

If what I suspect checks out then maybe her lawyer can do something to prove premeditation that he did all this to get out of alimony, threaten a counter charge and make him come to the table. Good luck to your friend! She is going to need it.

1 person likes this.
  10. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

He should just divorce her. Why would anyone put someone in such an ordeal and that to to a person who left her family, friends, house, country and came as a dependent? If there was so much incompatibility why did he create two kids with her? How can someone be so irresponsible? What did the kids do to be deprived of their mother? He is calling his mother even now and snatching away mother of his own kids. Just makes our blood boil.