Advice needed about hypothyroidism during pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by avita, Feb 13, 2013.

1. avita

avita Senior IL'ite

Hi dear all...

Iam 25 and first time pregnant.Its 11 weeks now. I just went for regular blood test during pregnancy,and i got the report that the thyroid stimulating harmone is 9.59.Whereas the normal level during the first trimister is between .30 to 4.50.
    I immedietly consulted my gyn, she asked me to take thyronorm 50mcg daily morning.

I am very worried about my babies development.Is it too late now? Will it have affected my babies brain development. Sisters please make me clear about this.Am very worried about this.

2. aarnav

aarnav New IL'ite

Hi avita,
    with proper medication there will b no harm.just keep ur thyroid tested often so that doc will b able to adjust your dose.wen i was expecting my tsh was 127 n i was on 200 mcg n 150 mcg for few mnths.everything went fine.baby is growing fine.he dont hav this problem as of now.Stay blessed.only in pregnancy i came to know i hav this problem but keep apart ur worries.everything wil b fine.see tsh 9 is nothing compared to 127 .

3. anjali06

anjali06 Silver IL'ite

don't worry dear...take medicine properly and check your tsh level in between...sometimes there can be a change in the tsh level only during the pregnancy time...so all you need to do is to continue medicine regularly...don't worry about the baby..he/she will be absolutely fine... :thumbsup

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  4. sstha

sstha Silver IL'ite

Hi Avita,

Even i was tested with hypothyroidism when I was 7 weeks pregnant. nothing to worry as long as you take medicines as instructed and check TSH levels . Baby will be fine. My thyroid levels came back to normal after pregnancy.

5. cj1980

cj1980 Gold IL'ite

I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism a few years back...have been taking medication every day since then. I gave birth to a healthy baby 6 months ago. So don't worry. Make sure you take the medication before you eat/drink anything first thing in the morning and don't skip even a day. Good luck!