1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Advertisements and kids……

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by shreyashreyas, Apr 26, 2010.

1. shreyashreyas

shreyashreyas Gold IL'ite

One evening I offered my kids (shreya and shreyas) complan and was having my sip of coffee as my daughter finished her cup she ran to me

Mummy, mummy come soon

I did not know what happened, but I wanted the coffee badly so I told her that I will finish my coffee and come to her….

She again came back saying take your coffee and come with me…

I thought that my son is beating her and she wanted me to stop him and went to her

She asked me to take the weighing machine and check if she has grown 3 times than before….

I was shocked and asked her why are you asking this…

She said that if you drink complan then you become 3 times bigger and see if I have become big and give me your saree to wear…

I then remembered that today morning she had asked me to tie her saree to which I replied that once you become big I will give it to wear…

Yesterday being Sunday, we went to dinner and I was purchasing few vegetables when my daughter came to me and drag me to a counter…. Where they had shampoos….. she pointed her finger to the clinic plus shampoo bottle and asked me to purchase….

I asked her why, she said (in front of everybody), your hair is so small, you apply this everyday then your hair will become big like the TV aunty….

Friends, these are the two incidents that happened during this week… please do share similar experiences of your children….

Sandhya

2. yams

yams Platinum IL'ite

hai dear!
    very sweet of hearing such incidents and sweet nature of kids!
    they do really make life seem to be very nice and enjoyable! this is the right age to enjoy their childishness ! enjoy dear! you lose this when they grow!
    so enjoy to the extent! and that too your children are so sweet as you!:thumbsup

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  3. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Sandhya,
    I can't stop laughing.
    Better she wouldn't ask you to jump from a big building like in Forver soap ad or wouldn't ask you to dance like Santoor soad ad.
    These advertisements are making kids crazy, 99% of these ads are targetting children, dont know the reason.

4. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

That is very sweet of your kid shreya!

I have a tough time with my daughter(4 years) everytime I give her headbath.She wants clinic plus so that her hair grows big like the girl they show in that ad.

My kid buys complan seeing the complan AD ...then she wants horlicks seeing Horlicks AD.She says she will become an astranout by drinking horlicks(taller,stronger,sharper concept):bonk

:rotfl:rotfl:rotflHa..ha...

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sandhya

Now a days kids are very smart. They learn from the womb only I think. Gopika when she sees the children dancing in the TV, she also starts dancing. Now only she observes everything , now she cant talk once she starts talking then she also might behave like your kids. Pratima seeing her Dad talking on the phone she also goes on talking in her own language and that too walking from one place to another as if she is very busy talking.

love
    viji

6. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sandhya,
    So cute and brilliant your kid is !!! She has taken the positive aspect and showed it a nice manner.
    Some advocates of child-directed advertising believe that advertising has no or negligible negative effect on children.Critics fear that children, more than adults, are susceptible to the seductive influences of commercials because they do not have the necessary cognitive skills to protect themselves against the attractive and cleverly put advertising messages.Boys more often rely on forceful or demanding strategies when trying to persuade their parents to comply with them, whereas girls are more likely to rely on tact and polite suggestions
    with love
    pad

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sandhya,

HAHA.Your kids are so cute, poor things how can we blame them, when the advts show that rinking complan makes u taller.

another ad says washing with lifeboy etc , makes u less sick, and so u dont miss school , as the other kids, who dont use this soap and fall sick more often.All crap really.

good observation.

Regards

kamal

8. Meenamohan

Meenamohan Silver IL'ite

Sandhya .... I too join the Gang dear ....

As priya mommy said my DDs saw the santoor Ad and asked me to dance with them. Since it was at home i did it ... but Jumping from the top .... I cant imagine ...
    I thought Clinic plus is happening only in my home but now I am not panicking ....
    At first, my DD saw the hide and seek biscuits ad and told me not to buy that. I asked her why? The reply was ..." Look at the uncle and aunty they are licking the food and then putting them in the oven. I dont want that ... " I dunno what to say ....
    Still my DD is not taking Hide and seek biscuits if she sees the wrapper.

My second DD saw the napkins ad and asked me in the shopping mall
    DD: " Amma Are you putting Pampers?"
    Me : I dont wear any pampers only babies wear them I am big know
    DD: Poor Aunty ... she was wearing pampers in the ad. May be there is no toilet in that beach .... :biglaugh

I spoke to myself I am lucky they didnt ask me for that. and the reason behind it. Wonder how the kids think like this !!!!

9. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Sandhya kutty!

I feel very shy still cannot refrain from writing.
    When I was with my OG to confirm my second pregnancy, my son who was 3 yrs old and DH were there with me at the clinic. In the visitors lounge some TV prg was going on and during the break when they showed some napkin ad, he immediately shouted there `amma we also have this at home no'. I don't know how on earth he would have noticed that at home becos I keep it in my shelf only. I could not stop laughing at this and immediately diverted his attention!!