1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Adoption

Discussion in 'Adoption' started by Shamala, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

I agree that couples should adopt rather than go in for fertility procedures. To ask about the caste of the child is very sad.

But I must add here that these days, it is not easy to adopt, atleast in Kerala. The central state agency has 81 couples who have alreday been waiting a year. If you approach orphanages like Mother Theresas's Missionaries of Charity, they also have looonnggg waiting lists. Another interesting fact in Kerala is that the number of female children available for adoption has reduced drastically. More male children, especially older male children are available for placement, but not preferred by couples.

Ofcourse, private nursing homes can give you a child in a week, but that is against the law.

1 person likes this.
  2. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

Dear all,
    plz don't mind for asking this question...
    if we adopt a child,how v'll get to know abt the health of the baby....ex. deaf,dumb,blind or HIV kids.....i feel very bad to ask this,but i wanted to know....plz give ur valuable suggestions...

Last edited: Jun 29, 2008
  3. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

Dear Vivbass,
    The orphanage usually will have the detailed health report of the child. Also, you can request for an independent health check up. Hope this helps

4. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hi Viji,
    even babies born healthy get many problems later in life, don't you agree? We can only pray even in the case of our biological children, that they are healthy.

5. umasridharan

umasridharan Senior IL'ite

Dear Viji
    The centre from where the child is from, will give u all the details about the child, vaccination, undergone treatments if any etc. U can take the baby to yr doctor and get it checked.
    Uma