1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Adoption

Discussion in 'Adoption' started by Shamala, Aug 17, 2006.

1. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

I think your sister has taken a good and wise decision.I know atleast 2 -3 former colleagues of mine who have adopted kids(though I don't know the details of the adoption and how they went about it).They all have 1 biological child and one adopted child out of choice.I think it is a big decision to make in one's life and I applaud your sister for that.:clap

2. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ragini,

Please go through this site: Children.com

Today morning they showed this in Jaya tv. in 'thagaval .com' I think this will help you. they are giving lot of informations in this site.

And as varloo said, you can contact sivananda saraswathi sevashram.:)

Sivananda Saraswathi Sevashram

Mangalapuri, Kattakolathur
    Kancheepuram District

Administrative Office :
    Sivananda Saraswathi Sevashram
    20, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:Street><st1:address>Kambar Street</st1:address></st1:Street>
    <st1:place>East Tambaram</st1:place> - 600 059
    sivanand@md2.vsnl.net.in
    Visit : www.buildhope.org
    www.sivanandagurukul.org

PH no.:
    04114-251815
    04114-252345

044-22392444
    044-22391078
    Fax
    044-22791017
    <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = U1 /><U1:p></U1:p>

I think this will help you. I pray god to help you and your sister to get a good child as per her (your sister's) wish.:yes:

3. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hai,
    I feel that adoption is a very noble thing, even if one has a biological child. I have read about many people in the West who adopt children, just to give them a family. Some even adopt babies with some problems, I have read. I was very much interested in adopting a child even after I got one. But due to some problems, I thought it is best not to adopt.
    But I know many people who have adopted and are very happy. If people make up their hearts and adopt one child, our country would be a place without orphanages. How I wish I could adopt one or two children!
    But majority are very old fashioned- they want a child born of parents of their own religion, caste, community etc. I child does not have all these, it is human being first. Only when it grows up, it knows about all these things. So it all depends on where it grows up.
    Some people feel that the child adopted is not of our own blood. When we hear some incidents about what one's own blood did, we will never talk like this. Many mama's boy had become biwi's boy after marriage and completely neglected the family and parents. So it is all up to what we are destined to go thro. So people who are planning to adopt, go ahead and adopt a baby and enjoy the happiness. I wish you all the best.

4. raginiprakash

raginiprakash Senior IL'ite

Dear Sunitha, Krishnaamma & Varloo,

Thanks for the responses.

Varloo & Sunitha,

Yeah.....adoption is a big decision in one's life.
    It's definitely a noble thought. Hats off to those people who adopt in spite of having biological children.

Krishnaamma,

Thank you so much for your support & warm wishes.
    I will definitely take a look at the link you've provided. I really appreciate the effort you have taken in giving this piece of info to me.

Regards,

Ragini.

5. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hey there

these are really difficult times, but the step of adoption is really appreciated.

my cousin had the same problem, they tried everything IVF and what not, but nothing worked for them... so after 11 years of marraige they adopted a Baby girl, she was only 2 months when they adopted her and today, a 4 year old she is a sweet, beautiful, bonny baby....

they are from Delhi, so they went thru this NGO called "Palna" where they registered themselves and after months of wait they got a call... and so they got her home where she belonged...

way to go !

6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Re: Requesting adoption information

Dear Shamala,
    Please log on this website for information regarding adoption from India. This is supposed to be one of the best orphanage and my son had adopted a girl baby last year. You could get all details from this site.
    :: Welcome to The SOFOSH Centre ::
    Wishing you all the best,
    Pushpavalli Srinivasan

7. hasita

hasita Bronze IL'ite

Adoption question(s)...

hi all,
    Me and hubby would like to adopt, though many times I feel he is rather hesitant.
    Also, recently he suggested we do it privately, but I am keen on doing it through an adoption agency.

One problem I have if we go via an adoption agency goes like this..
    It is my husband´ s second marriage, (mine first). He has a daughter from his first marriage. If we adopt thru an agency, then we have to go in for a boy as per Adoption rules in India. (even though daughter is not staying with us, but with my in-laws, they are over-possessive about her, do not like me to take care, and she is a pre-teenager).

==>>> My question is, if we do a private (using a lawyer) adoption, in that case are we allowed to adopt a girl? And how do we find the child (go via an agency again?)

I am living in Chennai, India.

==> Has anyone here adopted a baby in Chennai? I would like to know a good adoption agency. Also, if anyone knows of a good adoption lawyer, please let me know.
    thanks

8. hasita

hasita Bronze IL'ite

Adoption question...

hi all,
    Me and hubby would like to adopt.

One "problem" if we go via an adoption agency goes like this..
    It is my husband´ s second marriage, (mine first). He has a daughter from his first marriage. If we adopt thru an agency, then we have to go in for a boy as per Adoption rules in India. (even though daughter is not staying with us, but with my in-laws, they are over-possessive about her, do not like me to take care, and she is a pre-teenager).

==>>> My question is, if we do a private (using a lawyer) adoption, in that case are we allowed to adopt a girl? And how do we find the child (go via an agency again?)

I am living in Chennai, India.

==> Has anyone here adopted a baby in Chennai? I would like to know a good adoption agency. Also, if anyone knows of a good adoption lawyer, please let me know.

thanks,
    hasita

9. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

10. umasridharan

umasridharan Senior IL'ite

Why people are not ready to adopt a child? they are ready to undergo the tortures of infertility treatment and spends in lakhs, but they are not ready for adopting a baby from the ashrams.

when I asked this question to a childless couple, the husband answered me -- We dont know the caste of the child. That answer shocked me. this anser was from a well educated ( Husband - a MBA working in a multi antional company and wife - a BE, working in a software company) rich and intellectual person.

Please friends, answer my question -- Why perople are not ready to adopt a child? I dont think caste or religion is the only problem.

can anybody explain this attitude?

1 person likes this.