Admission to LKG for 2008-09

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by KGayathri, Dec 11, 2007.

1. KGayathri

KGayathri New IL'ite

Hi all,
    I only just joined this forum. We are moving to Chennai from US in May 2008 and i will be looking for LKG admission for schools in/around Ashok Nagar? I have some knowledge about PSBB but I would like your help with some questions I have.
    1) Is Jawahar Vidyalaya receptive to late applications..they do not have a website and do not seem to entertain any queries over phone..does anyone know any email or other ways to contact them about the applications?
    2) Are there any other good CBSE schools in the area?
    I guess we will be open to mat. schools as well..can you share some info about those.
    In general, how difficult is it to procure admissions for LKG?..my in-laws can help with getting the forms etc..do the schools require the presence of the child and the parents for the application process..I am already having sleepless nights about this..
    My son will turn 4 in may 2008 and goes to a Montessori school here..
    Any input/suggestions will be most welcome..
    Thanks in advance
    Gayathri

2. dbirlase

dbirlase New IL'ite

Hello Gayathri,

I only know of PSBB in that area. I asked some friends and families but they all say PSBB is a good school, but the kids go through a lot of pressure. My son was born in Dec 2003 and he is going to K2(UKG) in Singapore.

Jawahar Vidyalaya Senior Secondary School
    IV - Avenue, Ashok Nagar,
    Chennai - 600 083
    Phone :+91- 044 -24894239,24894114, 9885218486
    E-mail : higrow@vsnl.com

hope it helps,

Dinesh.