admission started for 2012-13

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Abu Dhabi' started by navis, Dec 11, 2011.

1. jumpingjax

jumpingjax Bronze IL'ite

thanks all, i am also very disappointed that kg1 is not participating as we were looking forward to attending...something would have been better than nothing :)

alokgowda, my daughter is doing fine, so far she is enjoying her 'big' school. i was afraid the earlier timing would make for difficult mornings but she has adjusted very well and is excited to go to school every morning (for now!) so all going good. how about your son?

2. alokgowda

alokgowda Senior IL'ite

same here jumpingjax my son used to cry saying he liked Nohas ark, but now gradually he has got ajusted to the new school and seems to enjoy going to school.
    just wanted to know what time can we meet the teachers? Do u keep visiting the school and meet the teachers often? my son uses the school transport and i rarely visit the school.

3. Nijasav

Nijasav IL Hall of Fame

Hi alokgowda and jumpingjax

Kindly let me know whether you have the class teacher number,
    When i asked her, she refused to give and said to contact the school number, if anything i want.
    Anyways now iam using the POST IT paper in school dairy, and the class teacher is sweet she replies back to me all queries.
    Did you register in the Esquare site..............my sons is not working, so teacher asked me to contact the school office..........

4. jumpingjax

jumpingjax Bronze IL'ite

Hi alokgowda,

I only drop my daughter off in the morning, she comes back by bus so I don't get to meet the teacher at all. However, like Nijasav mentioned, I communicate through her diary and the teacher is quite good in responding back that same day. I believe there is a time to meet teachers after classes but I am not sure.

Hi Nijasav,
    On the day we submitted the books, the teacher kindly wrote her mobile number on the board as all parents were asking for it. It's good to have in case of emergency or something urgent but rarely used. Which division is your child?

Better contact is Ms. Rachna Vohra, the kindergarten supervisor, when I had an issue with the bus conductor and contacted the school they asked me to contact Ms. Vohra. She was very helpful and got the issue straightened out right away. Let me know if you need her number.

I keep forgetting to try logging into esquare so have not yet done it! but will try tonight and let you know.

1 person likes this.
  5. alokgowda

alokgowda Senior IL'ite

I dont have the class teachers number but jumpingjax can u plz post the supervisor's number
    nijisav and jumpingjax
    good to know that the teachers respond to queries sent. my sons class teacher didn't i was totally dissapointed, and esquare site not yet registred

1 person likes this.
  6. jumpingjax

jumpingjax Bronze IL'ite

i was trying to remember how i got through to Ms. Rachna...I believe i had called the school and they connected me to her but we have also been given the number of 02-4488025 ext 231 which is supposed to be the direct kindergarten number. She had called me back by mobile but I'm sure you can understand why I can't post that number here, I will try to PM it to you.

7. Nijasav

Nijasav IL Hall of Fame

Ms. Rashmi;s mobile number I have. She was the one who took the kids to SUPERMARKET visit. She is KG1 B class teacher. If you want, tell me i will PM u

8. shinyasma

shinyasma Junior IL'ite

Hi Haya,
    I like your name (was planning to name my daughter Haya but then in-laws didnt approve ;) ) So how is ur kid finding sunrise? my son is 3.5 yrs and i am looking out for a school for him..after going through all the threads i am all the more tensed now..he has never been to a playschool..n i am wondering nw if april si too late for him(he will be 4.4 mths thn)..anyways..pls let me knw about sunrise..bcz its a school i am considering.

1 person likes this.
  9. navis

navis Gold IL'ite

hi, asma

go and try with sunrise heard there are some vacant seats for classes as some students have shifted due to personal issues. the school office is open 5 days a week during summer holidays. but not sure about the working hours due to ramdhan.dont worry about not sending ur kid to playschool. most of the kids, even mine didnt attend it. but is doing well in his class. go and try before the school reopens. (talk to principal directly the clerical people will just say a big no)

bhavans and EFIA are also open with admissionfor this yr. can try there too.

10. Haya

Haya Gold IL'ite

Hi shinyasma,

gud to hear abt my name, tnx :)

regarding ur son's age for kg1, i wud say try for this year itself
    my son was 4.3 when i put him in kg1 in sunrise
    and the principal already mentioned y its late for him
    i just told some excuse and he got admission with Allah's grace
    but many schools have problem after 4 for admission in kg1
    navis has already mentioned this somewhere in this thread

haya