1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Admission regarding Tamilnadu state board to CBSE board

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by sandstar, Apr 4, 2013.

1. sandstar

sandstar Gold IL'ite

Dear all,

I would like to know whether its possible to join 11th std commerce group in CBSE board after completing 10th standard in Tamilnadu state board. If its so, kindly suggest me some good schools in and around Chennai.
    Thanks.

2. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sandstar Sister,

Generally it is the other way round, most of the parents change from CBSE (Std X) to State Board (Std XI) Actually it is not advisable to change the way you mention, because the student may find it tough to cope up (both curriculum/environment).

Moreover CBSE Schools in India are mostly Business oriented and expect 100% results in Boards, hence have a policy and is followed strictly, their own school students in Std X with less than a particular cut off fixed for admission is denied entry into their own school.

BTW, what is purpose of moving into CBSE from StateBoard if you share I can give you some fruitful options, Best wishes...

2 people like this.
  3. sandstar

sandstar Gold IL'ite

Thank you for sharing valid points. Actually the student is aiming for CA, and trying to find a good base and understanding in HSE. Could you please let me know few best schools in Chennai for commerce group in State/ matric?

4. umaalexander

umaalexander Gold IL'ite

hi,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    mostly not possible to change like that,,,,,one of the reason is as saisakthi told,,,,
    CBSE to state is possible,,,,,
    generally best schools means as per chennai SBOA,,,vellammal
    is ok,,i dont know about SBOA, but i know vellammal very very hectic study hours,,,
    becos my daughter joined first in vellammal 3 yrs back till 10 th she was in icse blore school
    so totally drastic environment for her so she cudnt co ope with that method,,,my daughter
    actually v good student and she scored 87% in icse 10th which tugher than CBSE,
    yet also found v difficult to adjust that enviornment everything,,,
    then i changed to greenvalley matric school which is very flexible and very friendly
    good teachers and v co operative too,,,,thats suited her most and she scored 90%in
    12 and now im back to blore for college,,,,
    ur kid is able to co op that environment then u can try in that school,,,
    and good shephered n DAV also nice i heard when i was searching,,,,
    all the best in advance

5. sandstar

sandstar Gold IL'ite

Thank you for the guidance