Admission in PSBB KKNagar

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by barmee, Jan 7, 2009.

1. vids999

vids999 New IL'ite

Hi,

I am currently in US and have a kid who will turn 4 in this month.
    He is currently attending Montessori school over here. I am planning for his school admission next year. should I go for LKG or UKG admission , I am a little confused since the age criteria for LKG is 31/2 - 41/2 by june.
    please help.

vids

2. kyogesh

kyogesh New IL'ite

Dear All,

In one of the above thread, i see that PSBB KK Nagar will select only 180 students for Pre-KG admission. Is that TRUE? Can you please share your thoughts on how many seats they can provide? How many sections and how many seats per sections? It would be better if you share these type of information with us to know whether we can seat in this school or not.

Thanks in Advance

Yogesh

3. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

Hi vids.. you are right.. the ideal age limit for LKG is 3.5 to 4.5 yrs in most schools. I suggest you try for LKG only and not UKG.. as LKG will suit the child better. You dont want your child to be an under-aged student right. JMO.

4. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

Yogesh, as far as I heard PSBB takes 450 - 500 students.. it is definetly not 180.
    They have nearly 13 sections I think.. not very sure of that number. 35 - 40 children in one class.

Have you applied in psbb, k.k.ngr?

5. kyogesh

kyogesh New IL'ite

Hi Arthi, Thanks for your inputs. And, Yes I have submitted application form for my kid. Waiting for the reply. If you have any inputs/suggestions, please let me know, it will be helpful for me

6. guru98

guru98 New IL'ite

any other updates on the status of application we had submitted for prekg in psbb kk nagar? when they would likely to call for interview? anybody has some info on this?

7. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

I am told, they will mail us the SELECTED / REJECTED cards (by post) around end of Jan 2010. But last year, due to annual day celebrations, they send the cards only by end of Feb 2009. So probably from end of Jan and by end of Feb we should know.

This is probably the last school that will announce its admissions :( leaving anxious parents in a fix.

8. guru98

guru98 New IL'ite

Thanks Arthi for the update. Yes you are right, we are in a fix now :-(

9. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

I know of some parents (who got PSBB appl form along with me) paid fees in PSBB Mill just in case.. they paid about Rs. 40 K and are ready to forgo the amount if they get thru in PSBB, KK Nagar. Though I didnt like the idea, I think they are safer.

10. guru98

guru98 New IL'ite

Aarthi, what is the selection criteria in PSBB KK Nagar? Can i have you email id please?