1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Admission for 8 yr old in school

Discussion in 'Indians in Toronto & vicinity' started by divyasarav, Sep 27, 2007.

1. divyasarav

divyasarav New IL'ite

Hi Dear ILites livig in Toronto, Can any one brief me what is the usual procedure for admitting a 8 yr old daughter in school in Mississauga, Toronto. We are planning to relocate to Mississauga in a month's time.

Thank you all, in advance, for your advice.

Regards,
    Divya

2. sreemu

sreemu Bronze IL'ite

hi
    welcome to canada if u know the area in which u r going to stay then u have to go to the public school in ur area usually there is one school nearby and u have bus facility is u choose a school more than 3 km so u can check the schools in the area u r going to stay on the net and then visit them ,get the forms and submit them along with ur kids TC, birth certificate and immunization record she will them be admitted into the appropriate class
    we have also recently shifted here we r staying in mississauga and that was the procedure we followed hope this helps u :)
    caio
    sree

3. divyasarav

divyasarav New IL'ite

Thank you Sree for your message.

Hope to meet you in Mississauga.

Bye
    Divya

4. dipa19

dipa19 Senior IL'ite

Hi Sreemu

For admission into schools , should we get the TC and birth certificate attested by the Indian Embassy or do they accept the relevant documents without any attestation?

Thanks & Regards

Dipa

5. sreemu

sreemu Bronze IL'ite

Hi dipa
    For my son we just give his TC immunization record and birth certificate to the school for admission both of them were admitted so those three should be sufficeint and u can always call the school to find out the necessary information once u know which school ur child will be going as each area has thier own school
    hope this helps

sreemu

6. dipa19

dipa19 Senior IL'ite

Thanks Sreemu, but as i am not sure where we will be settling down and the school he might be attending, I just wanted to know the normal procedure for admission,and from your reply I understand attestations are not mandatory, right?

Regards

Dipa

7. sreemu

sreemu Bronze IL'ite

Hi dipa yes attestations r not required
    admission is pretty easy actually because i remebr joining my son in abt a week of our landing here as i said if ur documents r there is it is easy and they admit them no matter wht point of the year u come here
    sreemu

8. dipa19

dipa19 Senior IL'ite

Hi Sreemu

Thanks a lot for the valuable info. Appreciate it a lot. Enjoy your weekend. Take care

Regards

Dipa