Admiring April...

Discussion in 'Festivals & Special Days' started by Yashikushi, Apr 1, 2009.

1. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

HI siraj...
    very nice informations, even i did'nt know there are such days and thanks for sharing so much info about that... look alike day enjoyed seeing the pics.. especially the one aruna posted...

2. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

It's Kindergarten Day. The first day at Kindergarten is a memorable, exciting, nervous, and anxious time for mother and child. Most children and mothers will never forget the first day at Kindergarten. Hopefully, it was a good experience for all!
    .......I burst crying on the first day when my son was left in the K.G,my son too...got into unwillingly with tear & terror filled eyes, ......felt something was unpluged from me.....waitng outside made me even more worse...the other parents came and patted me...my hubby....simply busy in watching me with a giggle.....still today when my son says Bye(13 yrs now)..something i feel in my stomach.....that's the motherhood.....in times,always think of the working mothers.....

Kindergarten Day is celebrated in honour of Friedrich Froebel. He was born on this day in 1782. In 1837, he started the first Kindergarten in Germany. It became popular quickly. Kindergartens were originally a 1/2 day to get children acclimated into learning, social interaction, and school, in a fun, yet educational manner. Kindergarten has evolved in most areas into a full time program. This is partly the result of increasing pressures on education, and partly due to the increase in working mothers in America.....now a conditional must in India...

Celebrate today with a trip down memory lane. Pull out the old pictures of you and/or your child's first day at Kindergarten.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  3. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Hi Siraj,

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
    So nice to see your recent snap...Be careful...or else Junior Bachchan will be confused Big Laugh.

[​IMG]

4. Yashikushi

Hey Saras....Thanks for reminding dat......Haaaaa....Ha.......very simple.....me a hindi Big LaughBig LaughBig Laughpandit.....He will vanish if I start converse in hindi...:hide:......will find out the reel & real......

5. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

HI siraj...

happy kindergarten day... ohh i also felt the same way like you , first day till she was back home than her i cried so badly, felt like some one had took her from me... lovable memories... just cant forget that day...

6. Yashikushi

Girl Scout Leader Day recognizes and honors the many adult volunteers to the girl scouting program. Girl Scout Leader Day began on April 22, 1982, when a flag honoring Girl Scout leaders was flown over the Capitol building in Washington, D.C. This day honors the thousands of volunteers who help to make the Girl Scout program a success.

Scouting was founded in India in 1909 as an overseas branch of the Scout Association and became a member of the World Organization of the Scout Movement in 1938. Guiding in India started in 1911 and was amongst the founder members of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts in 1928.
    .....Scout Oath......
    On my honour, I promise that I will do my best
    To do my duty to God[1] and my country,
    To help other people at all times,
    And to obey the Scout/Guide Law.

.......Celebrate today, by thanking the girl scout leaders in your troop and area. Send a note, or card of thanks....even you can add some info here about the Scouts....share pics.....

.....for three years I'm the leader in the School Scouts....Proudy Peacock?.....It's my day.....sooo soooo happy to celebrate this day.........

......Here's my salute to the Leaders.....Am I looking smart?:thumbsup

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  7. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hey I too was a girl scout in my school days I remember sometime we were asked to go and control the traffic..........it use to be nice fun...........hahaha

[​IMG]

8. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

hey siraj & aruna...

girls scout day... interesting information...that's nice you both was in scouts... i have just seen friends participation ...

9. Yashikushi

National Jelly Bean Day is a time to enjoy gobs and gobs of jelly beans. Anyone who loves jelly beans, knows they are not just for Easter. Sure, they are very popular at Easter. But, they are also enjoyed year round. The flavours are limited only by the imagination of candy makers. If you've never enjoyed the multitude of flavors in a box of gourmet jelly beans, the I suggest you al ,head right out to the store and buy some.

Jelly beans date back to at least the 1860's. Advertisements promoted sending jelly beans to Union troops fighting in the Civil War. The original candy maker is unknown.....
    .......here's my jelly belly Jelly Bean.....
    Vahee.....this treat is for you and Aruna,three for each....one for being sooooo obedient.....one for so punctual....other one for your fbs.......:thumbsup

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  10. Yashikushi

National Zucchini Bread Day is a day to enjoy Zucchini bread. In researching this day, we first asked ourselves "why hold this day in the spring,(not in India) when this prolific garden squash in not in great supply?" The answer quickly dawned on us....they hold this at a time when you are not sick of all that zucchini....
    .......In the summer months, the prolific zucchini plant produces more fruit than gardeners can use. As summer progresses, everyone becomes sick and tired of the eating zucchini. But, the harvest goes on, day after day, after day. By mid summer, gardeners are resorting to all sorts of tricks to get rid of the mountains of fruit produced in their gardens. :idea Some even stealthily leave zucchini on neighbors' door step in the middle of the night....Big Laugh

........Don't forget to celebrate National Zucchini Bread Day this April 25th! And before you even say, "Oh, but zucchini bread is so boring," I'll cut you off and show you some wonderful possibilities.......

Make Zucchini Muffins, instead of bread. ....Mix it up and add some tasty fruit!.......or can have.....Chocolate-chip-Zucchini cup-Cake.. or.... Chocolate-Zucchini Cake... or... Oven-Fried Zucchini Sticks... or... Zucchini Pancakes... or... Zucchini Pancakes... or... Zucchini Oven spicy Chips... or... mock apple pie with zucchini... or... Roasted Stuffed Zucchini.......or...or....or...or...:crazy

Attached Files: