Aditya Hridayam

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Sonvi, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Sonvi

Sonvi Silver IL'ite

Hi ladies i have finally learnt aditya hridayam...wanted to ask when is the best time to read this? Can we chant wen eva during the day? Also do we have to face the sun when chanting it? Plz advise...i have some problems and been told to chant this....

2. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Aditya Hridayam for Sun God. Naturally I would guess it should be chanted in the morning when sun rises The 6th sloka says this.

raSmimaMtaM samudyantaM devAsuranamaskftam. pUjayasva vivasvantaM BAskaraM BuvaneSvaram.. 6..

Worship the One, possessed of rays when he has completely risen, held in reverence by the devas and asuras, and who is the Lord of the universe by whose effulgence all else brighten.

I hope this answers your questions

penpaal, Sonvi and Shanvy like this.
  3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

If you have been asked to chant it as a remedy it is to be done early morning. Some offer water to surya bhagawan facing the rising sun( helped in absorption of vit d) and you are focusessed on the right prounounciartion and sequence while chanting,helps in concentration.

All the best,may your troubles vanish

penpaal, Sonvi and jskls like this.
  4. Sonvi

Sonvi Silver IL'ite

Thx u very much for ur replies will start reading in mornings when sun is completley risen

5. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

Hi I just read this thread , I don't know anything abt this shloka is it read for good health.. can someone tell me for what is this..

6. Sonvi

Sonvi Silver IL'ite

Hi Sangeeta85 this strotra is good for everything...its says in the Skanda purana that one has to pray to Surya Bhagavan for happiness and welfare because he is the only pratyaksha dev, one who is omnipresent and witness of all our deeds. I have read shri ram also read this 3 times when he was at war with ravanna.

Sangeeta85 and penpaal like this.