Aditya Hridaya

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by n2n, Aug 5, 2020.

1. n2n

n2n Senior IL'ite

Dear all,
    Hope you are in good spirits. I would like to request you to kindly clear my doubt regarding "Aditya Hridayam"
    The one I chant daily is starting with "Santhapa Nashakaraya". Recently I came to know that the one I chant is Aditya hridaya Mantra not Stothram . And Aditya Stothram is different.
    I would like to know whether I should chant both? Are they having same purpose and benefits? If they are different, kindly explain.

Thanks in advance.

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Iy you were thinking that you were chanting the slogam but it was only Manthram, others who pointed out this 100% they are correct.

2. You have decided to chant but then you must have started it to gain some benefits. What you desired must be known to guide you whether chanting Adithya hirudhya Stotram (AHS) would fit the bill.

3. To extinguish the enemy under difficult odds, to emerge triumphant and gain a significant inroads into a difficult territory etc are the chief benefits for the sincere disciplined chanters of AHS.

4. Many claim in quora that they emerged victorious and conquered and wonder how they could do it only by chanting this AHS.

5. This AHS chant can be done at any point of the day but best result will be when the prayer is done after reciting Shri Gayatri mantra and offering Ardhya ( offering water ) to lord surya , now doing the Ardhya the best time is sunrise when the Ardhya is given , I had heard by learned person ( Purohit) that Best time to recite Aditya hrudaym is within one hour of the sunrise and the hymn should be recited 3 times with opening and closing with Gayatri mantra , the sacred mantra should be recited in standing position. The best period is Ashwin month as per Hindu calender with fast on Sunday ( strictly abstaining from negative energy foods and drinks )

Thanks and Regards.