1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

adding badam to babies diet

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by banusree, Feb 11, 2008.

1. banusree

banusree New IL'ite

dear frnds,

my baby is 7 months old.i wish to give him badam from this month.. can anybody tell me how to add badam to his diet.currently i m givin him cerelac,dal and rice,mosambi juice.....please help.

regards,

banusree

2. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

Hi Banu

In US ped will ask us to wait till they r 1 due to allergy factor. I am not sure in India, but do consult ur ped.

Sorry I am not sure about the preparation.

DSrini

3. Honeytha

Honeytha Senior IL'ite

Hai Banu,

I started giving my son badam when he was in between 7th and 8th month. Actually i got badam powder (without any ingredients added to that) from Dubai. So i used to cut carrot into big pieces and add 2 spoons of badam powder and keep it in the cooker and after that i will smash it and add some milk and sugar for taste. This mixture is not liquid, it will be semi solid.....

In this same manner u can try cutting 2 to 3 badams into pieces (peel it before cutting) and keep it in the cooker with carrot. Then after it has been boiled enough, grind it in the mixie and then do as i told before.

Just try..........but consult with ur paediatrician.

4. banusree

banusree New IL'ite

dsrini and honeytha,

thanks for the reply.i will consult my ped.

regards,

banu

5. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi Banu, In europe too nuts are not recommended for a child below 1 yr. And not advisable to give whole nuts until they know how to chew and eat them because of choking hazard (i believe groundnut poses a major risk in this area!). I used to powder (dry) badam once a week and keep in the fridge. Add it to their cereals or kanji. Just a tsp of this powder is enough. If you don't want to include the skin, soak the badam in hot water, peel off the skin, pat dry the badams and grind to a powder. Please don't use ready-made badam powder available in shops. But it's always better to check with the doctor too. Latha

6. priyauc

priyauc Bronze IL'ite

hi even i have incorporated almonds in the diet of my baby boy. but its always recommended to wait until he is a year old as it could cause allergies .i grind it and mix it with his oats .its very tasty and healthy too.

7. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

hi banu

i added badam to the kanji powder i made with all cereals like ragi,wheat and all.....but mkaing this kanji powder is quite a long process...

lov
    sowmi

8. booboo

booboo Senior IL'ite

hi,

U can add to kanchi or kheer. Grind it with milk and add. I too had doubts if badam and other nuts can be given to babies. I checked with paed and she said it was fine as long as the baby likes it. I started giviing her from 10 months and still continue, she's now 17 months. I soak 5 badam and 3 cashew and grind it with milk and add. Now reduced to 3 badam and sometimes cashew.