Adda Da Hangout!

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by justanothergirl, Dec 1, 2016.

1. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

The first time I got it after friends raved about it, and seeing the recipes posted on a facebook group for IP users, I thought I got the Akshaya Pathram... where food would just magically appear without me having to do anything!

I love it too, and husband likes that he has lesser number of dishes he needs to wash!

kkrish and justanothergirl like this.
  2. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Not sure if they resize rings at Costco.
    Never bought any jewelry there.
    I must tell my hubby what a great wife he has with tremendous amount of will power, drooling and tearing away from those tempting, gliterring jewelry, and leaving the store with a two dollar worth of milk jug every week!!

justanothergirl likes this.
  3. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

Had a thanksgiving party with friends, we were sitting and talking,someone talked about Instant Pot, and now all of us have one at home :D:D:D The gadget savvy mom is trying marketing airfry also. I bet with in few days I will have one of those also at home. :) Till now all i made is rice in IT and I thought my ' butterfly' does a better job. Let me see how this gonna go.

peartree likes this.
  4. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Initially I thought that the regular cooker was better too, in terms of speed. I think for me, the biggest convenience is in not having to babysit. I just keep stuff like rice, sambar, veggies in it in 1 go and go about my errands outside the house without waiting to "swtich off" the gas, you know!!

On a side note, my MIL once saw me taking yogurt out of it and she probably thought it was like a microwave or something where if she put in milk and pressed the yogurt button, she would get yogurt out :-D She kept trying that for like an hour, that too by placing the yogurt container directly into the heating unit and thought she had broken the thing :-D

5. JustAnotherMom

I had more takeouts/ eat outs when I was s SAHM than now. The only reason we reduced eating out is because I rather have some thirusaadam than sitting in a restaurant for 30 mins. Have I had someone close giving south indian home cooked meal, I will just remove kitchen from home!

sindmani and justanothergirl like this.
  6. JustAnotherMom

I'm yet to learn any recipe using instant pot. I have send a request in FB, those ppl are yet to add me, and i think its been 4 or 5 days.

7. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Remember K ...food at my place is served with the side of music..have I tempted u enough?

peartree and kkrish like this.
  8. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

@JustAnotherMom the best part about instapot like @peartree said is not having to baby sit.
    Here is another one...not having to soak rajma/channa for chole.
    Yes my dear ladies..the dry beans can go in directly with salt + spices and tomato..press the bean/chili mode and out shall come perfectly cooked rajma.:banana:
    Esp useful for souls like me who forget to soak the previous night.
    Oh another awesome recipe is milk payasam

9. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

With that kind of feast, cannot refuse. Going to use my Brewster million to book a ticket to your place. Instapot or JAG's home. Instapot just lost. :)

justanothergirl and peartree like this.
  10. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Sorry to jump in but JAM's post made me browse one with Bluetooth option... looks like a must add in holiday wish list :)

Rihana and justanothergirl like this.