1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Adamant!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Sep 23, 2011.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Saranya took all the items she had and was dipping them in a tub of soap water. She had a towel nearby to wipe them quick after washing them. Anju was looking at her with contempt as Saranya did not even respond once to Anju's calls. She knew that it would take another half an hour to get Saranya's attention.

Saranya meanwhile, finished drying them and went to the pooja room. She just kept them all arranged in a neat fashion and took two bananas from the shelf. Anju tried to snatch them, but Saranya was a bit quicker and glared back. Then she started chanting the mantras from her memory. In the end, she took the already lit lamp carefully and showed it to the idols of Gods that she washed and dried before.

Then she asked Anju to take it and asked Anju to get a tumbler of sugared milk to offer. Anju glared this time, but Saranya insisted her to get it. "How adamant are you these days!", she complained. Anju came back with the milk. Saranya finished the pooja and knelt down with a prayer in her lips which Anju could hear too.

"God! Please bring Pappa home at least tonight!", she prayed while her mom and the innocent divorcee Anju cried.

2. SARASVADIVU

SARASVADIVU Silver IL'ite

Wow! that was clearly a gleaming Gem rgs!

Saras

3. rgsrinivasan

Thanks Saras, for your quick and nice feedback. Changed the last line a couple of times to have the impact. Sorry about it. -rgs

4. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai RGS,

To avoid unnecessary question and answer saranya avoided Anju adamently. True one. She only knows how to avoid the situation by not telling the details to her daughter.
    Nice and exemplarary one of your blogs.

5. rgsrinivasan

Just happened to hear about one such person [like Anju in the story] Sreema. I was so moved then. Very glad that she is married later to a good natured man. Thanks very much for your nice feedback. -rgs

6. shobna

shobna Bronze IL'ite

Great one from you RGS..Shows a Child's true feeling towards her father...the last line surprise was unexpected!

7. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Oh... you got me there... all the while i thought it was saranya was the mom and anju to be the daughter... found it to be the other way round..... too good rgs and too clever too!! you picked the names so that it would mislead us just to leave us with a sweet little "aah... so that was it" kind of feel.

Yeah.. the plight of anju tugs at my heart and that of saranya too....
    Good one rgs... enjoyed it!!

8. rgsrinivasan

As I said before, I modified the last line after posting this Shobna. Sorry to those who might have read this earlier - when I kept the end open with just 'cried'. And thanks a lot for your appreciation. -rgs

9. rgsrinivasan

Akila,
    Thanks a lot for your nice feedback. Am afraid a bit, for you are tracing back my true intention [glad too, to see such an analysis] of writing these blog entries these days. :) . -rgs

10. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

The last line has the best impact.