1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Acupuncture for infertility

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by rashy, Jan 30, 2009.

1. rashy

rashy New IL'ite

Hi gals,

We have been married for 4 years and trying to have a baby from last 2 years, but so far no luck :-(

My doc told me that due to PCOS I am not able to conceive. I was on Clomid for 4-5 cycles..but it didn't work for me. Now I am thinking of trying acupuncture. I have heard many stories where people got pregnant after taking acupuncture treatment.

I need to know if any of you or your friends have tried acupuncture? If yes could you please recommend me a good acupuncturist in and around bay area (San Jose, Santa clara, Sunnyvale, Milpitas)

Thanks,
    Rashy

2. godgift

godgift New IL'ite

Hi Rashy,

I have gone through 2 IUI & 2 IVF and had no luck. I am going for acupunture session from past 2 weeks in Northern NJ. Let me know if you need more info.

3. rashy

rashy New IL'ite

hey...I am sorry to hear about yr situation...n thanks for your reply. Even my doc recommended me to go for IUI or IVF, but I am thinking of taking acupuncture first before going for IUI.

So how is acupuncture working for you? i guess it's too early to say anything....i just wanted to know whether u r taking herbs along with acupuncture?

4. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Have you tried injectibles instead of clomid for ovulation induction? I did not get pregnant on clomid, but did so on my first round of injectibles/iui.

I went to harmony accupuncture in milpitas while I was doing clomid and found it very relaxing. but for the iui my doc told me not to do accupunture. you can do a google search on harmony accupuncture to find their address and phone.

5. rashy

rashy New IL'ite

Thanks for the info. Nope I haven't tried that yet. Planning to get IUI after taking 2-3 rounds of acupuncture.

I checked that harmony acupuncture site....will try to taken appt. soon.

6. sobha229

sobha229 New IL'ite

Hi Rashy,
    I am from the same area and looking for acupuncture for fertility. Did you find any good one? Pl share your experience.
    Also any one pl suggest a good fertility specialized acupuncture in Sanjose,Milpitas, Santa Clara,Fremont

Thanks,
    Rani

7. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Rani try harmony accupuncture in Milpitas , they are certified nationally for infertility treatments. I went there for a few months while on clomid. did not get pregnant but did see an improvement in my cycle length, they bought it down from 60 days to 35 days. when I went for my injectibles/iui, my doc told me not to do accupuncture so I stopped. they also have this indian girl working there who gives good tips on what foods to eat for pcos. she was very helpful.

8. sainjohn

sainjohn New IL'ite

HI,,

Acupuncture its best thing of there cure the many problems like body pain and many more deceases...
    Thank you....

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2009
  9. subha04

subha04 New IL'ite

Acupuncture for fertility

Hi TTCs
    Has anyone undergone acupuncture treatment for fertility / for ovulating and subsequently conceiving ?
    If anyone has any idea about acupuncture please help me by sharing your views / experience in undergoing the treatment

Thanks in Advance
    Subha

10. blessbabydust

blessbabydust IL Hall of Fame

Re: Acupuncture for fertility

I heard acupunture helps during fertility treatment but iam also sailing in the same boat as you are not sure about it dear but iam planning to go for acupunture treatment .