Actress Pranitha Sitting At Husband's Feet

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Rihana, Aug 5, 2022.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

'Stop patriarchy': Pranitha Subhash sparks Twitter debate after she sits at husband's feet for ritual

"Actress Pranitha Subhash grabbed headlines on Wednesday after she shared a picture of herself sitting at his husband's feet on Twitter. The actress revealed in the caption that she was performing a ritual on the occasion of Bheemana Amavasya. In no time, her picture got viral on social media platforms and sparked a debate on Twitter where a section of netizens started calling out the actress for spreading the message of patriarchy and misogyny. They also blamed her for promoting a regressive thought in the 21st century when women are fighting for equality and empowerment. "

pss.jpg
    Share your thoughts ...

If you are at a loss for thoughts, here are some starting points:
    What do you think about the ritual, sharing it on social media, her dress, his pants, the expression on her face, the furniture in the background ...?

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I saw this news first in a post by @chanchitra in a post in another thread. The sheer bliss on Pranitha's face in the picture was too much. I had to start a separate thread for it. : )

Some random thoughts:
    - The photo, her simple dress, casual ponytail, hands clasped together, the mix of devotion, bliss and adoration in her eyes is superbly composed. She not wearing the traditional saree is a master-stroke.
    - The husband is in a total daily-wear pant shirt. Could have worn something Indian?
    And that (plastic?) chair he is sitting on .. they didn't make it grand on purpose.
    - The trunks in the background - are they empty?

All such pictures are for publicity. : ) I didn't know who she was till now. : )

drdiva, chanchitra and lavani like this.
  3. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

I have a similar pic - me on a plastic chair, with my then 6 yo DS sitting at my feet with the same look :grinning:
    They had a matrupooja program at his school for navaratri where all forms of women were worshipped.

Exactly! No one knows who she is, hence create a controversy and get talked about, and get 100s of social media posts and likes and followers ...

Rihana and chanchitra like this.
  4. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

She is an actress.
    Enough said.

drdiva, chanchitra and Rihana like this.
  5. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I didn’t even know of such a ritual. I haven’t seen it ever! Bhimana amavase is usually celebrated by unmarried girls. My neighbor Aunty used to call us and make us sit with her daughters for this, for all of us to get good husbands. We went because Aunty was an amazing cook.

In an industry where morality is worn on the sleeve, mayhap this young lady is reviving this unheard of ritual to make herself feel less of an object? I don’t see anything wrong in it. She wants to do it and seems to enjoy it. My only concern is the one I shared in the other thread. Three generations down, will women have the same feeling about it and will it inadvertently lead to more trouble.

Sharing on social media is for brownie points for sure but then even I share things on social media for the feel good factor. Especially in traditional garb.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2022
    Rihana and anika987 like this.
  6. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

This is a festival celebrated in Karnataka. Unmarried girls do this pooja to get good husband and 9 years vrat is performed after marriage. This pooja is done on amavasya.

chanchitra, Laks09 and Rihana like this.
  7. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

Thank you Rihanna for tagging me.
    Wow, you have an eye for detail dear

Pranitha should be able to do whatever ritual she wants. Of course she is doing this for publicity.

The problem starts when a girl will be forced to do the same by her inlaws or elders quoting the actress.

drdiva likes this.