1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Activities/ Games for infants from 8 months

Discussion in 'Infants' started by hs2009, Jan 6, 2010.

1. hs2009

hs2009 Silver IL'ite

Hi All

Can we share with each other what activities or games we can play or teach our LO. Like my DD is going to be 9 months old next week. She now responds when she hears her name or when I move hands and say come come. I am trying to teach her bye bye and clap your hands, also she responds to peek a boo. Any more suggestions? Do you read out to your LO, how often?

2. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

i was almost about to share the activities i do with LO wen she is awake ....here are some of them apart from reading the newspapers and books aloud to her, which doesnt really interest her much at the moment :)
    also she loves playing and interacting with the toys in her mobile, bouncer n rocker, as well as hand puppets....
    these are the daily activities....
    Brain Builders: 3-month-old | Articles | Babies Today

3. hs2009

hs2009 Silver IL'ite

Hi Poonam

Thanks for sharing the link..will read it first look looks quite informative. One thing which I read and followed is giving baby a lot of tummy time/ play time at floor. It was easier in US as the floor is carpeted so no worries of toppling over and hurting. This actually helped DD in crawling she started to crawl b4 she was six months. I see Zoey is in the same age as DD when I started this.. Try it might be helpful.. I have placed a lot of things at distance in the living room like bouncer, toys, even a suitcase( she actually climbs, sits and plays in it :), and now a walker...this encouraged her to crawl reach the toy and stand, now this has motivated to start taking her first baby steps! Though the living room is always in a mess!

4. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

Himaani,

I agree with you, I had only a rocker and let my baby explore on her own. Kept her on a mat with toys could see most movements there. Now I set aside a bedding full of cushions and loads and fence it with a teepoy, short drawer cupboards and a chair place all the toys on top and DD is busy at them. After this arrangements thankfully the topples are none.
    DD gets the whole bedding to move around.

Another thing what I am looking to introduce soon is the letters, animals, numbers, flowers and fruits. I need to laminate the charts and fix them on the teepoy and the cupboard so that she is engrossed and it becomes easier to teach. I am yet to read aloud, sometimes I do and at times I am exhausted completely from work. Planning to take some binder clips and place some poem books so that I can show DD from a distance without them being torn. DD too responds well and I talk to her casually on a day to day basis.