1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Activities For 3.5 Yrs Old

Discussion in 'Kids Korner' started by tanya3, Apr 11, 2017.

1. tanya3

tanya3 Senior IL'ite

Hello Girls,

please pour some ideas to engage 3.5 yrs old baby.
    She gets bored sitting at home due to summer vacations
    She goes to swimming 3 times in a week.
    Could you please suggest some activities/class to increase her concentration power some related to using her energy in positive way.

2. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

How about art projects? She's at a good age to introduce her to watercolors. There would also be art classes available for this age group. You could also try pinteresting for some science projects for preschoolers. You would find some good ideas for projects.

I would also suggest going to the library once a week. If there is a local children's museum, that's a good activity.

3. Agniamber11

Agniamber11 Bronze IL'ite

Hi, nice to know that your little one is enjoying her summer holidays.
    1.For hand eye coordination, you can buy wooden building blocks, shape sorter with pegs, pyramid blocks etc.
    2.Try introducing 2/4 pieces jigsaw puzzle. As she is glued, you can buy 8 piece set and so on.
    3. Water colors are very effective in capturing child's attention. Let her paint randomly and see the glee in her face!
    4. Buy board games which teach color coordination. Also if you see any toy store, go to the educational toys section. You can select whole lot of stuff for your child.
    5. Sticker book will be another fun activity.
    6. Buy large beads for jewelry making. Dont get any tiny beads near her. Not safe for small kids
    7. Making figurines from play dough should be very interesting.
    8. For memory, buy memory cards of animals/birds. Instructions will be on it.
    9. Read out stories for her. Then ask her about the story, character and do the role play. It will be such a rewarding exercise!
    10.If you have sand pit or stay near the beach, teach her to draw on sand, make some things etc.
    11.If you have plants, ask her to water them. Let her see the flowers,leaves and touch it. Sensory stimuli works wonders for kids.

As far as possible, let her stay away from all kinds of electronic stuff.

Saying all this from my own experience :blush:

sindmani, tanya3 and BhumiBabe like this.
  4. konsu

konsu New IL'ite

my daughter is 3.5 year old. she is going to swimming.
    she goes to basic gymnastics with her sister (she loves to watch)
    she plays most of the time with woodenblocks and legobricks..she spends most of the time with these

tanya3 likes this.
  5. tanya3

tanya3 Senior IL'ite

thanks for wonderful advise

Agniamber11 likes this.
  6. RoBala

RoBala New IL'ite

Hi,

I have a daughter who is 3.5 years old as well. Recently i have been googling a lot about montessori activities and i take printouts from worksheetfun.com which has a lot of tracing, coloring and puzzles for her. Why not give it a shot?
    My daughter enjoys doing mazes and tracing. good luck! Also check out Pinterest, they have a ton of wonderful easy DIY activities for toddlers.

7. LisnaFernandez

LisnaFernandez Junior IL'ite

Why don't you search for some DIY activities for her ? Plenty of ideas are available in the internet. She will be busy if you give some interesting DIY activities. You can get the best from youtube.