Acharyals Related Posts

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by kb2000, Jan 8, 2007.

1. meenakrishnan

meenakrishnan Bronze IL'ite

Dear kb,
    That was really very touching...Thanks for posting...We are blessed to have known a guru like periyava.In this kali yuga, our future generation cannot find gurus like him!
    Love
    Meena

2. lalithavennkat

lalithavennkat Silver IL'ite

Very good narration. Mei Chillirkirathu. During my school days Maha Periva used to visit our village Veppathur, near Kumbakonam. My grandfather being a the Village head, I was blessed to do small service to HIM (like aanil in Rama seva) ,

3. BharathiRajesh

BharathiRajesh New IL'ite

Hi

Very nice to see acharyal related posts. Have you heard Ganesa Sarma’s discourse on Acharyal charitram? Anybody has the book or audio file of his discourse.

Regards,

Bharathi.R

4. ramkalyang

ramkalyang Senior IL'ite

Excellent to see this thread. Every darshan of Maha periyava was a great feeling. I was in 8th or 9th standard ( When Mahaperiyava ) was in gulbarga and I accompanied my parents to visit "Nadamadum Deivam " at Gulbarga. Still holding those good memories walking with him at Kaalki.

Prayers to Mahaperiyava.

5. SRISHAKTHI

SRISHAKTHI New IL'ite

Dear Sunkan Madam,

Thanks a lot for all the postings and Periyava's pictures.

It is indeed a wonderful experience to read about Periyava.

6. revathy45

revathy45 Bronze IL'ite

The Queen of Bhakti Music
    For decades, M.S. and her husband were, like many in Madras, devout followers of the Paramacharya of Kanchi. One fine day, and I have this on good authority, Paramacharya asked M.S. to go Puttaparthi. M.S. was apparently puzzled by this command and wanted to know why she should go to Puttaparthi when she already had a Guru. The Paramacharya simply said: “Go and you will find the reason.”
    Incidentally, it is interesting that Ramana Maharishi also once sent some of his disciples to Puttaparthi in this same way. So, M.S. came and she instantly knew why she had been asked to come here. Thereafter she was a regular visitor, and sang many times in the Divine presence. Swami even visited her home in Chennai on many occasions.
    Swami invariably showed much love to M.S. One year during Ladies Day, Swami asked her to speak. She said, “Swami I do not know how to speak. I could sing, but now, even that I am not able to do. How can I speak Swami?”
    But Swami would not take no for an answer. He went down to where she was sitting, and helped her to walk up a few steps to the porch in Sai Kulwant Hall and took her to the podium.
    M.S. then said, “Swami, as I just said, I do not know how to make speeches. But if they ask me are you father, I will say you certainly are father. If they ask me are you mother, I will assert that you are indeed mother.” And in this manner she spoke just a few sentences, straight from the Heart.
    That evening, when Swami was going round and giving Darshan in Poornachandra Hall before a cultural program, he told a group of ladies, “Today, so many people made speeches, but the speech of M.S. alone stood out. It came from the heart; all the others were artificial!”
    Warden Narasimha Murthy was busy preparing the next volume of Sathyam, Sivam, Sundaram, meant to be released the following year. In this connection, he has been talking to many old-timers, and one of them was M.S. Apparently, at the end of the conversation, Narasimha Murthy asked, “Do you have any special prayer for Bhagavan?”
    M.S. smiled and replied, “Where is the question of prayer? Before we even start to pray, Swami is giving all that we want and even more!”

PS: When the mind of man is unattached to the ups and downs of life, but is able to maintain equanimity under all circumstances, good physical health will be assured. Illness is caused more by malnutrition of the mind than of the body. Doctors speak of vitamin deficiency; I will call it the deficiency of "Vitamin G", and I will recommend the repetition of the Name of God, contemplation of the Glory and Grace of God. That is the "Vitamin G" medicine. Medicine for ill-health is one third of the treatment.Regulated life and good habits are two-thirds.

I am not very sure if this article fits into this thread.
    It can be shifted to the relevant post in case it does not.

Regards,
    Revathy.

7. Sairaghavendra

Sairaghavendra Senior IL'ite

why no recent posts about paramacharya of late, please send some more miracles.

8. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

9. Sairaghavendra

Sairaghavendra Senior IL'ite

dear shree, thanks for sending the link.

10. pcsubramani

pcsubramani New IL'ite

Dear all,
    Namaskaram and I have gone through all the postings under this thread and very happy to read all those. I am very pleased to advice you all that I have started one exclusive blog as mentioned below and am collecting various sources from all over the net and providing the same to the devotees who visit the blog. I would like to request all of you to visit the blog and also provide me whatever you have for posting in this blog.
    May Maha Periavaa bless all of us.
    Regards,
    Subbu

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2010