1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Accused Of Withholding Sex

Discussion in 'Intimacy' started by BhumiBabe, May 1, 2017.

1. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

WiseAgnes and BhumiBabe like this.
  2. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

What can be done if the husband continue with verbal abuse even after reminding million times

3. sumzaya

sumzaya Gold IL'ite

Have u informed this to ur husband.. remind him its painful if u r not interested.

Y not u take initiative ? With The foreplays u like ?
    Be more frndly with DH, have more beautiful moments spending with DH like outings , nightwalk , movie at theatres... And share your expectations or problems , which he have to understand and to be taken care by him. These things have to be liked or enjoyed mutually; not for just one person.

BhumiBabe likes this.
  4. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

It's like if u don't hav intimacy it causes problem, n there is no intimacy bcoz of d problems. So it can b a never ending cycle. So talk to him clearly n work on a few of d problems n use dat as a start. State clearly dat his attitude is a major turn off. To start of, make a deal like if ders a positive change in his attitude den u will also make a positive change towards dis. Negative attitude, negative intimacy.

BhumiBabe likes this.
  5. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Sex is not a bodily thing for women. Specially after a kid, sex takes a backseat for many women.
    When you do not desire sex, it can be definitely painful and upsetting.
    You can lay down and bite your lips for a day just to please your husband. But you can't do that all the time. It may amount to marital rape; hence causing serious harm to the relationship.

I am not a medical person, but I know many women lose their libido after their first child due to various reasons. It can be hormonal, it can be stress, it can be other emotional or physical conditions.

Personally speaking, I do not feel sexy all the days. Sometimes, all I want at night is undisturbed sound sleep only.
    Sometimes our needs won't match. Means, I might feel lazy, sleepy or not ready when he is ready. Likewise, he might be snoring when I need it.
    So, finding a middle point is the key here.

First of all, check the underlying problems for your low libido.
    It is not normal to want no sex for almost all the days in a month.
    If your relationship is the reason behind it, then it is high time you speak this with your husband openly.
    Tell him openly that he looks abusive and not sexy; thus you do not feel like sharing your bed with him.
    Tell him that women have difficulties in separating sex with love. If there is no love, there is no sex according to women.

Plan your sex life together. Tell him a date night, a romantic dinner, a walk by holding hands, a long chat in the terrace, or a movie together can turn you on.
    Ask him never to bring any bad topics, as they might turn you off.

Generally weekends are the perfect time to plan, and implement such romantic ideas.

When sex life turn out to be better, you may find it easy to let go the other simple problems in life

BhumiBabe and yellowmango like this.
  6. WorriesTooMuch

WorriesTooMuch Silver IL'ite

I feel your pain. For me, after a long day of chores and looking after a kid, it's just another chore. I've been debating on how to express to my husband that it's not fair that he expects me to 'be in the mood' when he wont do anything (offering to do the dishes for one freaking day would be nice)

I'm sure if there was verbal abuse I'd never be in the mood. We're not machines. Don't force yourself, it's not you. It's him. If he disrespects you so badly and still wants to have sex with you there's something wrong with him.

shareon and BhumiBabe like this.
  7. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

That's actually the problem. I don't initiate, unless I'm really interested (which happens on occasion), but not very frequently. The fact that I don't initiate bothers him. We are going to counseling, so I was recommended to put out 1x a week, to help create a positive relationship... At this point, it doesn't seem to be working, but that's probably because my definition of a positive relationship is someone who tries to understand and does something sweet for the heck of it.
    Whenever he does something "sweet," like wash the dishes, he does it expecting something.

Sunshine04 likes this.
  8. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

I've tried having the conversation, AND we've been going to counseling. It's like he doesn't even try. In fact, he takes some weird pleasure in pissing me off. When I try to tell him that it's hard to be in the mood when he's quite awful to me all day, he just confidently says that if I don't want to stay, I'm free to leave.

This man (my husband) doesn't watch movies - Indian or American! :fearscream: That was the biggest culture shock of my life. Romantic dinners start sweet, and then he'll get pissed off about something I said, ending up saying that we're only here because of me and that I should enjoy it while he's in the mood to "treat" me.

I'm at wits end to figure out how to connect with him. His favorite topics are politics (we support different parties) and talking about how smart he is in getting what he wants in his company (and badmouthing everyone). Apparently, I don't respond to his attempts at conversation correctly, so he doesn't really have an interest to connect either.

I feel like I'm just ranting at this point. It's nice to have people who care about what I say and try to help me when I need help.

silentlistener, Angv5 and Sunshine04 like this.
  9. silentlistener

silentlistener Silver IL'ite

Is a marvellous video in Desire Discrepancy. Definitely worth listening to for any one who seeks counselling in lack of desire, especially due to relationship factors.

It is by a pioneering work by a lady ( Medical Doctor).

Watch it. You will find it informative

10. jmsd

jmsd Silver IL'ite

One question.Can you negotiate it with him that if he tries to connect at a mental level you will do so at a physical level? That seems the whole disparity to me.

Naari likes this.