Accomodation, school

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Abu Dhabi' started by Pubali, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Pubali

Pubali New IL'ite

Hi All,

Its nice to be here. I am yet to follow my hubby who is already in AD. He is putting up in a shared accomodation in TCA (thats where hiis office is) till me and my son of 10 yrs join him in a couple of months. But by than he has to find a bigger independent accomodation of a BR and a hall, preferably within a budget of 120,000 AED. If anybody can give some leads it will be very helpful.
    We intend to apply for admission into 6th for our son to ADIS from the new session. My worry is should I take out his TC (he is in DPS, Kolkata) first or wait till I get a confirmed seat in one of the good schools. Is it required to submt the TC at the time of admission or the school gives some time (say 1 mth after confirmed admission) to submit the same. Any suggestions/advice will be very helpful.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Arabudupi

Arabudupi Bronze IL'ite

Hi Pubali

Welcome to AUH in advance. Since your husband is already here he can look for a better accommodation through local newspapers(gulf news, khaleejtimes etc). Or contact the rental agents who will show you flats. I feel for 120, 000 AED you will be able to find a decent 1 or even 2 BHK.

Its better to make sure that you get the seat before you take the TC from there. I've also heard that the child has to be admitted within a month of the issue of TC- Please check this. I think the schools have already distributed applications in December,have you got it? Schools do give afew day's time to submit the TC.. To be on the safer side, try in other schools also as getting admission in one particular school is so uncertain here.

All the best for anew beginning here.....