1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Accident? Don't Lose Your Head!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Oct 15, 2013.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

I have attached two photographs here. Unfortunately I cannot put them before the write-up. By default they appear at the bottom. Never mind. Just scroll down and take a good look at them. Where do you think I was when I took those pictures? On the moon? No, I don't quite need to go there. I can have a wonderful experience of being on the moon right down here on earth. Imagine, I don't have to spend any money, nor do I have to suffer pangs at being separated from my near and dear ones (real as well as virtual) or from my "Dharti ma" by having to go away to such a far off destination. Besides anyone planning to have a honey moon can just do that by buying a bottle of Dabur honey and sitting by the side of one of these and singing romantic songs and looking up at the real moon in the sky.

Just think, we in India are soooo lucky. Most municipal corporations do not deprive us of such expriences; besides they do not allow us to miss anything so basic as a skating rink (look at the second pic). So after going bumpety bump in the craters, you can skid along the side. Or you can do so straight away by trying to miss the craters (if it has too many other takers). All for free. Yes, absolutely at no cost!

If by any chance you fall off your bike, please take care to protect your head. It is very precious. The government (local as well as central) does not like people losing their heads over such trifles. So they make it a point that people MUST wear a helmet. If they don't, they might quite literally lose their heads. Besides, the helmet manufacturers would lose theirs as well since their business would also crash. So the government makes it a point to take care of all concerned.

Now what happens if you break your spine and land up paraplegic, you ask me. Well, at least you should be aware of the fact as you lie on your hospital bed or at home at the mercy of all around you. You cannot be allowed to slip away into a coma or alternatively to precipitously scoot into your next life. You have to exhaust your prarabdha karma isn't it? How can the government allow you to go without making sure that you haven't?

That is why they insist that you wear a helmet. As for the roads, now you can't have your cake and eat it too. You can't go to the moon without going to the moon and have smooth cemented roads too. Besides what would orthopaedic hospitals do if they started smoothing each and every road in this country? Don't docs and their families (me included) have to be taken care of? So stop cribbing and if you are so concerned about your remaining equipment, either start wearing a body suit made of metal with padding inside (just like a helmet) - it will also have the added advantage for women that men would not know there are women inside, so there will be a fall in cases of sexual harassment on the roads - and no one will have to cover up their faces in colourful bandages to avoid pollution. All the scooterists will look the same. Otherwise just sit at home and watch television and avoid reading snippets such as this one to avoid a headache!

Attached Files:

11 people like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Reserving this place for me, will come back later :)

Satchi dear in IL reserved seats can be held for 24 hours :). Satchi dear to tell you the truth I did not know what to write:hide:. As a habit of giving first fb I reserved the place. Anyway I thought after reading the others fbs I will write, how is my idea:idea. You always write interesting write ups with humour added to it and this one is also a thoughtful subject but written with humour in Satchi's style. If people dont follow the rules then they will only be in trouble. People dont understand that without head they cant work, you know some people work without brains too, that is what my dh said to someone and told this joke

It seems one man had some problem in his brain and he was operated. the doctor removed the brain and operated but forgot to keep back the brain. After somedays the doctor met that man and told him sorry your brain is with me, whenever you are free I will operate and fix back the brain for which the man said no problem I dont require brain, I can work without it:bonk

Hope I have used the proper smileys and my fb is also apt to the subject

3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Satchi,

A painful experience is described by you in a funny (probably sarcastic?) way in this wonderful snippet. Hopefully, some of the corporation maintenance personnel read your snippet, take offense and fix those roads. Now I clearly understand the rationale behind the law to wear helmet. I was under the impression that it was to protect skull injury. Now I know that it is to protect the brain so that the person who is paralyzed due to spin injury can continue to live to complete their Prarabtha Karma.

If the passengers and drivers are going through this, what should the corporation and its staff should go through for their sins? We have to ask Ambi what is the relevant punishment for roads not being maintained properly? Probably, he would suggest that their bodies will have to be used as a bridge on top of the pot holes. Perhaps, they will be excused because after all they are helping the Lord by letting His creations complete their prarabtha karma.

Viswa

2 people like this.
  4. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Oh come on dear Satchi!
    Accidents can occur at anywhere any time! Why you are blaming our corporations and municipalities for the bumpy bumpety roads? If the roads are made smooth and sturdy how can the councilpersons and the corporation members earn money? If every year they give contract for relaying the roads they can get money? They have to make hay while the Sun shines or is it while the rain pours and create pot holes?
    PS

4 people like this.
  5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

:rotfl:biglaugh

Saatchi..........I tell ya...You have some humor gal!

I have already read this and you know where and was laughing my head off and fell off my chair...Now now, don't tell me you work hand in hand with our government and write such injurious to health posts??!! You naughty girl!

Satchi, didn't you hear what I heard? It seems the helmet making company is owned by the son of some minister who matters. So that's the reason wearing helmet has been made mandatory in Karnataka!! Now reading all this, I guess the Orthopedic hospitals belong to the kith and kin of the other ministers?!

Besides,why did people not recognize what you did?>>> The huge big favor our government bodies are doing for its citizens by bringing the moonwalk experience to our dear earth at no cost at all....for them I mean.......;-)

L, Kamla

2 people like this.
  6. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Satchi,

Hats off to your very positive spirit in the worst of situations!!!! So, you see honeymoon spots on the worst of roads!!!!

Because of all this.....politicians are striving, conractors are becoming stinking rich and Orthopaedic doctors are thriving and you are getting ideas for blogs.Your imagination is boundless! I think in USA Orthopaedicians have a roaring practice where it snows a lot. It is a personal experience...I slipped on snow, ended in emergency room with an ankle fracture. Took me two months to be on my feet again. The doctor welcomed me with a beaming and smiling face saying "No problem, we would fix it." Must be thinking in mind "One more patient and a few more thousands of dollars."
    You have an inborn sense of humour and I admire you a lot for that.

Syamala

2 people like this.
  7. satchitananda

Vijima, waiting for you. Reserved seats will not be held for more than 18 hours! :p

8. satchitananda

Dear Viswamitra,

9. satchitananda

Dear Pushpa Mami,

10. satchitananda

Dear Kamla,