1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Accepting Failure

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by anukarsha, Apr 25, 2010.

1. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Hi All!
    Friends; since my childhood I had dreamt of only one thing- to become a doctor. My dad got me a doctor’s set, which had many more instruments than a normal doctor’s set wud hv. It had many dolls, dressed up as doctors, nurses, patients and all. At the age of mere 5, I would utter the jargons of medicine. I would diagnose, write a prescription, sometimes even operate patients. I was a very successful doctor indeed. But when I appeared for all India CET for medical, I got the shock of my life. I was a loser by just 2 marks. But a loser is a loser, isn’t it?Thats what even I thought. I was depressed like anything. I cut myself from the world, no talking to friends, no social gatherings and all. I would just sit quite in my room and think about my failure. All negative thoughts enveloped me at that time. But my family’s support helped me come out of my depression.
    Actually, I always stood first. In academics, sports, debates, dancing; you name it and I was there. Before this horrifying episode of my life, I had never tasted defeat. Probably that was the reason, I thought my world has stopped. There is a big dark tunnel ahead. Friends, I would like to guard you against such sad feelings. I’ll be happy if you could follow the tips, I m sharing with you all:
    Imbibe a habit of thinking rationally.
    There is nothing called a “winner” and a “Loser”. Who’ll decide-who is a winner and who’s not?
    Compete with yourself. Know your strengths and weaknesses and bring out the best in you.
    Tell your kids that life is a game and in every game somebody loses and somebody wins. So be prepared for every outcome.
    Attention should be paid to the efforts and not the result.
    Encourage kids to go for diff. competitions but tell them well in advance, what matters is participation. Do your best and leave the rest.
    Teach them to accept a li’l criticism too.
    What is good to you, may or may not be good to others. So don’t expect an applaud always.
    You, as a parent, also be a sport. Don’t throw your whims and fancies on your kids.
    Keep a check on any signs which may lead to psychological problems later.
    Keep a positive outlook in and around your household.
    Even though I didn’t become a doctor, I m very happy and content, because my life has showered me with much more than I had ever imagined, deserved.
    So friends, remember one saying- “The Glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall”.
    RegsJ :clap

2. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Anu,
    A thought provoking and wonderful post. Since you were so young , you were not able to digest the fact. But so happy to note that you are matured enough to understand the facts of life. Your narration shows that. L
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ife’s little failures get you from one success to another. Because you have survived falling short, you have triumphed over one of life’s toughest battles — the one against your own limitations.[/FONT]Failure is, in its own peculiar way, a success story of survival. If you’ve never failed anything, you’ve never survived anything.If you look at failure as a learning experience (as all the inventors did), then you will welcome failure as a growing experience.
    Failure doesn't mean you are a failure... it just means you haven't succeeded yet.
    with love
    pad

you are a failure... it just means you haven't succeeded yet.

3. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Well said Anu that there is nothing termed as failure. If one opportunity is lost, there is always another one coming your way even earlier than you might have expected.

Even in your case, probably your next attempt could have made you realise your dream but you thought there were better things in store for you. See now how you enjoy every moment with your kids.

Good that you did not lose heart but kept moving. Today life moves fast and we have to keep moving with it.

Nice quotes for remaining motivated and not losing heart.

4. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Hello Anu,

As always a beautiful write up from you! a thought provoking one!!! Best of all, I liked the final saying :

5. yams

yams Platinum IL'ite

hai dear!
    feeling sad for you not becoming a doctor yes our nation has missed a good one! but as you said life offers you with more better things than what you expect really do enjoy that! happy that you got one!
    thanks for the tips too! this is what the encouragement that a loser should give to others! happy about that what you did! hats off to you ma!:hatsoff:hatsoff

6. yams

yams Platinum IL'ite

hai dear!
    feeling sad for you not becoming a doctor yes our nation has missed a good one! but as you said life offers you with more better things than what you expect really do enjoy that! happy that you got one!
    thanks for the tips too! this is what the encouragement that a loser should give to others! happy about that what you did! hats off to you ma!:hatsoff:hatsoff

7. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Hi dear padmini!thanks very much for such a loving reply.regs-anu:)

8. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thanks dear soldier!I always wait for loving replies from you all.regs-anu:)

9. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thanks my dear custard!You all always keep me motivated.thanks.regs-anu:)

10. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thanks dear yamini for your encouraging reply.Thanks for keeping my morale high.regs-anu:)