1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Acceptance And Finding Strength

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sandhya13, Mar 17, 2022.

1. Sandhya13

Sandhya13 Gold IL'ite

I did read the responses but couldn't login for a while. Every single response to my thread gave me comfort and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

Thank you @MalStrom

Thank you dear @Laks09 I hope so too that in time we can recall the memories without pain. Even in the recent call with my sister she was telling me the same thing as we recalled a beautiful memory of our dad with moist eyes. It is the longing to have more time with our Dad which is the hardest to overcome for us. We hope with time we just accept the things that cannot be changed. Time cannot heal a big loss like this but we hope to learn to live with it without hurting much.

Thank you @Amica for reading my post and for your kind words.

Thank you dear. I am so sorry to learn about your loss. It is devastating to lose someone close to our heart. Yes, journaling helps greatly. And I am hoping with time I will get a better hold of my feeling and emotions of my irreplaceable loss.

Amica, MalStrom, Rihana and 2 others like this.
  2. Sandhya13

Sandhya13 Gold IL'ite

Dear @Srama thank you so much for your love and wishes.
    'Dream girls' awww that's very nice. Thank you for sharing. You spread a lot of positivity and warmth wherever you are, even in the virtual world and leave a lasting impression that you came in my dreams once :) I don't recall seeing your face or any features in particular but I remember it was you.

I do feel the connection with my dad many a times. The other day, my LO brought TV remote and said I can dial the numbers here and make a call. I was smiling and telling her that this is a TV remote not a phone to which she said its okay mommy just dial and talk to thatha. It was out of blue she said that. There are many times like this I feel some connection - sometimes through kids, sometime through nature, sometimes it might be through other objects. But every time it does offer some solace to me.

Srama, Rihana and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. Sandhya13

Sandhya13 Gold IL'ite

Thank you my dear @Gauri03
    My dad will live in my heart forever and I make sure to tell all those fond stories to my kids :)

Thyagarajan and Gauri03 like this.
  4. Sandhya13

Sandhya13 Gold IL'ite

Dear @Thyagarajan sir
    You are spot on that it did feel a lot better after writing here. But it was more special to know that you all read it and offered your kind words and thoughts to me. It also heartwarming to know that you are able to relate thinking of your late father. Thank you for letting me know about the other snippet of you and I will make sure I read it.

Thank you @shyamala1234 You are so right that when we relive the memories we get a perspective of the then insignificant moments which are in fact manifestations of deeper emotions. I am sorry for your loss.

Thank you @sanjuruby3
    I do that often - talking to my kids about grandparents especially my dad.
    I understand your worries. I have been through that. I wish you and your kids many many more happy memorable years with your parents.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. sunnysideup

sunnysideup Silver IL'ite

What a heartfelt tribute. The post truly brought out the immense love and affection you have for your dearest father.
    I lost my dad in my teen years and in fact it was his 20th death anniversary this month. But trust me when I tell this that our family still misses him the same. Your wonderful post brought back such fond memories of my own father and made me teary eyed. I can relate to the dream so much. Even now me and my siblings do get dreams whenever we are facing any difficulties in our life. I think he remains the pillar of support to us ever after passing away.
    Finally I just want to add you have lost only his physical form, your dad is always with you in your thoughts, actions and many awesome memories. Tell your daughter what an amazing man your dad was.

Sandhya13, Rihana and Thyagarajan like this.
  6. GoneGirl

GoneGirl Gold IL'ite

Dear Sandhya,

Am so so sorry for your loss.. I read your post and cried, having gone through the loss of a loved one recently I can feel the hurt and heartache that such a loss leaves us with.. I have realized that my kids give me peace and hope to look forward to another day. Lovely read the incidents with your little one..Hope you find the strength to keep going forward, making your dad proud to have raised such wonderful daughters.

Sandhya13 and Thyagarajan like this.
  7. MadhuRK

MadhuRK Silver IL'ite

Dear Sandhya,

With these two heart-wrenching lines, you touched a deep core in my heart which I'm afraid to even go and visit.

What a beautiful love-story your father shared and how much you have cherished each other ! As a third-person, if I had this lump in my throat on just reading what you have written, I cannot imagine what you must be going through, having shared those experiences and lived in those moments.

This is too much for a small ant like me to give you any semblance of solace or comfort. I humbly pray to Bhagawan to help you find the strength and peace. Your mom, sister and the rest of your family must be looking up at you now, to offer the support that they once received from your dad. I hope you are able to bear this calamity with fortitude.

8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Sandhya,

I am so so touched! Thank you!
    You truly made my day, my friend and put to rest thoughts that dissuade me from posting when I write sometimes. It is unbelievable and unimaginable how we can all bond even in this virtual world without knowing one another. There is something to be said about that. Like my favorite writer says, “The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life. Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof.” - Richard Bach

Glad we have found a family here and each other.

You have a precious and a precocious adorable little one! Take her cues, enjoy the life around you and the messages it brings to you. We are all looking for closure one way or another and have to learn to find joy in life.

Thank you Sandhya!

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Heartfelt condolence. He will be always with you guiding you. Your post is very touching and a nice trib6to yourdad Sorry to know you could not be there at that time. It is very difficult when someone dear passes away. I lost my father when I was 20yrs . Felt sad that he was not there when I got married

Recently I lost my husband. Satisfied that he had a peaceful death and we were together for 48 yrs and I was with.him.till he died.
    But unable to forget him

10. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Eyes welled up heart heaves.
    God Bless.

iyerviji likes this.