abudhabi cbse school admissions 2012

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Abu Dhabi' started by trijamr, Oct 13, 2011.

1. trijamr

trijamr Junior IL'ite

hello all...
    Can we start a thread to keep us all informed on the coming 2012-2013 cbse school admissions...like when does the applications start..admission procedures...school reviews etc...i have two kids currently at leens (nursery & KG2)..they say they might shut down next year...and in addition to that I heard St. Joseph's is also goin to close their KG section from next academic year...where will all these kids go to ..no idea..making admission worser...and shortage of schools also...anyways please lets help each other and post any news/info regarding the same...
    regards
    Trija

1 person likes this.

2. renji79

renji79 Senior IL'ite

Dear Trija

Good effort , hope every on gives their inputs
    Btw my son is also studying in Leens KG2 ,m also worried about his admission next yr.Hope the school authority helps with the admission .

3. trijamr

trijamr Junior IL'ite

hi renji,
    which section is your son in? my son is in kg2D..last week they gave a circular saying they r discontinuing the grad 6 alone..does that mean the rest remains..no idea where to run to..whom to ask to..jus let me know if u cum to know of anything regarding adis...we have no option i guess..put them where they admitted to..

4. renji79

renji79 Senior IL'ite

Hii teja

My Son is also in KG2D , his name is Aditya ,whats ur son's name .

Actally the deadline for leens is 2013 ,so may b next yr they will continue with the school bt not after that .

Will def let u know if i come thru ny admission in ADIS or ny other school .

How is preparation for exams going on .

5. trijamr

trijamr Junior IL'ite

aditya manoj..is tat his full name..i hear in between his name from joel..exam prep heheh...everyday theyr havin revisions and tests, so i dnt know wen is the exam time and wen it is not..unlike our times..hihi..but the teachers there are good i feel...coz we dnt have much strain at hme gettin things into children's heads..dnt knw abt other schools..but those who have moved out from here say..leens is very good...pray they continue..anyways renji do let me know in case of any info..and u can call me also in case of anything...take care
    regards
    Trija

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2011
  6. renji79

renji79 Senior IL'ite

Hii Trija

Yes Aditya manoj.
    So u son's name is Joel , i too hear his name very often from aditya .
    Agree i m very much satisfied with the school nd love their pattern teaching and taking regular test nd revision exams .
    Have heard that the school is given permission to extend till 12th std nd move to mussaffa bt the owner is not ready to expand .I too pray they continue .
    Noted down ur contact no , will call u soon .

7. AparnaC

AparnaC New IL'ite

Hi All..my name is Aparna,

I am new in Indus Ladies...i hope i have a wonderful time with all u guys:)

I am in Bangalore right now but my husband is getting a job in abu dhabi ...but v r really v concerned about ur daughter's education..shreya is 3 yrs old..and is in nursery here in Bangalore...I am quite worried about how the admission procedure happens there..my hubby will be going in december n shreya n i intend to join by March(after her school finishes here in bangalore) ..I am not able to get the clear picture as to the timing and admission procedure there..I am extremely worried....google search has not helped me at all..please guide me..

Aparna

8. renji79

renji79 Senior IL'ite

Dear Aparna

School Admission in abu dhabi for the next academic year will start from Jan , so ask ur husband to get the admission done for ur daughter .

9. AparnaC

AparnaC New IL'ite

Thanks a lot :) ..yeah v do have that in mind but I heard that its very difficult to get admission because of shortage of schools? do they look for certain criterias for admission? do u have a kid too? do they have co-educational schools there? i am so looking forward to coming there..but its just a bit worrisome when it comes to shreya's education:) .. how long have u been staying in UAE?

10. rajithabiju

rajithabiju New IL'ite

Hi everyone, I am Rajitha..
    I am new to IL & Abu Dhabi. Please help me for my daughter’s school admission in Abu Dhabi. My daughter is two and half year old (DOB -May 2009). I want to know
    >minimum or max age for admission
    >whether Play school or Nursery is compulsory to get school admission
    > Documents & formalities required for admission
    > fees/donations etc.
    >Good Schools/availability
    I am staying at Mussafah. At present my daughter not going to any nursery.. Please suggest best for my daughters schooling.
    Thanks everyone